1 (edited by Ratbert 2019-09-10 03:13 PM)

Topic: *GONE* BMW E30 Big Brake setup, free to good home in Concord NC

We are retiring our E30, and so I no longer have a need for our brake setup that has served us so incredibly well.

You can see a pic of the setup here:
https://24hoursoflemons.smugmug.com/Rac … -bcnh2ck/A

Based on the Massive Brakes 300x32 front and rear kits, we had the (normally aluminum ) brackets milled out of pre-hardened stainless.  The kit uses cheap ($40) Willwood rotors (P/N's 160-2898 and 160-2899) combined with Wilwood Superlite calipers (we found the system balances nicely with equal sized (13/16") master cylinders and 1.62" calipers up front and 1.38" calipers in the rear, part numbers 120-11130 and 120-11133.)  We used Carbotech XP/10 pads up front and XP/8 pads in the back and have yet to wear out a set or experience any fade on the track.   

This will take a little bit of work to install but I'm happy to pass along all our spares and bits to any team who wants to give it a go. 

Note that this kit requires 16" rims minimum.  I have 2 sets of the pictures wheels available for sale in another thread you need some.

Re: *GONE* BMW E30 Big Brake setup, free to good home in Concord NC

We need this for our bastard e30 with infiniti j30 engine/auto trans!

I will figure out how to get it to a NC local team

Please txt Ed
561-2five2-3nine33

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Any chance you can get them to CMP this weekend?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I might be able to, let me see if my kids want to run down and spectate Saturday.  I'll let you know later tonight.

A J30 auto drivetrain swapped e30 is exactly the kind of car I want to get these brakes, BTW.

Ratbert wrote:

A J30 auto drivetrain swapped e30 is exactly the kind of car I want to get these brakes, BTW.

We would love more stuff but no clue how to get most of it home

Need rims and would love 4.10 torsen

Already have 3.73 open 4.10 open and 4.10 clutch

TXT me, one of the forum regulars can meet you @ CMP to help me hoard

It looks like the brakes are spoken for folks.