Topic: Aluminum Blocks

Ok, here is a good one.

I have a friend with a 2012 Camaro SS.  Long story short, he found out that the starter was only being held in place with one bolt where the other bolt was still there with a piece of the aluminum block with it, no longer attached to the block.  Is this fixable?  Is it work fixing?  The car is paid for and has some major upgrades to it.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

Re: Aluminum Blocks

Tig weld it

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

That is what I told him.  He is trying to see if it is worth doing now.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

Worth doing? As in is maybe at the most a grand of work worth doing to a perfectly good 7 year old car? Does he think he can replace the car for less than the weld job?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

x3 for Weld it

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I'll take it off his hands for scrap value.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.