1 (edited by SpaceFrank 2019-09-28 02:22 PM)

Topic: MSR 2019: Who's coming, and who's bringing food.

MSR is like two months away, and my team has pretty much just started race prep. We're bringing the '64 Dart and the '41 Oldsmobile again. Maybe the Olds will be less terrible than last time. Maybe some top-secret changes are underway. Who knows? None of that is important right now.

The important thing is the Saturday Night Hootenanny (formerly known as the Friday Night Hootenanny). We didn't really have one last year because everyone was so busy trying to make their cars run for 24 hours straight. Thankfully this year is back to a normal schedule, and we can take some more time to party.

This is also the first MSR race since Stuntin' and Splodin' was re-instituted, so it's obviously time to double down and make up for last year's lack of festivities. NOLA was fun as hell this year, and as far as I'm concerned we should continue to shoot for the moon... with the exception of the late night burnouts.

Plan to start around 6-7 PM Saturday in the penalty box. Potluck sign-up is at the Google Sheet linked below, to ensure not everyone brings creamed corn.

So, whatcha bringin?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Re: MSR 2019: Who's coming, and who's bringing food.

SpaceFrank, I think HQ would allow a budget exemption to Hellcat swap the Buick! Cant wait to see it back on track.

We (Spin to Win, MR2) are planning on trying to do something (Not food related) in the garages across from the penalty box too.
Its going to be a great race!

Jason
Car #111
91 Toyota MR2

We've been talking about options for repowering the Olds, but I'm pretty opposed to a V8 swap unless it's a diesel. For now we plan to run the straight 8 until it dies.

I edited the original post.

1. The party is now on Saturday, per the official Lemons HQ email.
2. Aside from food, an extra table or cooler is always a good thing to bring.
3. If it ends up being a cold weekend, portable sources of heat would be welcome. Please note that any fire pits or otherwise open flames should be out in that open triangular parking area (where the judges usually park miscreant offenders during the race), not under the canopies (which have supposedly been recently replaced).

4 (edited by ninjacoco 2019-10-23 06:51 PM)

Parsh is in, doing parsh things.

Is there a theme for the party beyond "drink 'shine and 'splode?"

Also, DO NOT BREAK THE PARSH.

ninjacoco wrote:

Parsh is in, doing parsh things.

Is there a theme for the party beyond "drink 'shine and 'splode?"

Also, DO NOT BREAK THE PARSH.

Need More 411 smokeshow!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfImkFaVzHc