Topic: New Team Located Near Philly, Pa needs recommendation for Cage Builder

I am building a 78 Chrysler Cordoba. If you have to ask why -  then you are obviously not aware of the untapped potential Domination of late 70s Chrysler products. I am an OK shade tree mechanic but I am not a good welder. Can anyone recommend a decent Lemons cage builder in the Philly area? I live in Collegeville, Pa

Any help would be much appreciated

Cordoba

Re: New Team Located Near Philly, Pa needs recommendation for Cage Builder

I do them, I'm in 18966. 

A little more info would be good - such as what race you are trying to get ready for.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Rob does good work and is local.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Rob, what is your contact info. I am also building a car for next years race at NJMSP in June. I'm located near Pottstown. Our car is a 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback.
My email is stonebarncellars@yahoo.com. Ben

Rob

Thanks for the quick response. My goal is also to be ready to enter the NJMSP race in 2020.

Email me your contact info to discuss next steps. I'm out until Sunday ( up at the Penn State game)  but will contact you next week.

jsayrejr@glsayre.com

Thanks Again

Jim

Cordoba

Hey, Pottstown and Collegeville?   3PM HQ is in Birdsboro.  We don’t make cages for people other than ourselves but you’re welcome to take a look to see what goes into a good cage to ask for the right stuff, and see the rest of what goes into a build or whatever else. 

Chris

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

7 (edited by Lemon_Newton-Metre 2019-10-03 08:14 PM)

[I'll ask someone in Phoenixville]

Thanks 3PM Chris

Good to know you are close. I might just take you up on that offer.

Appreciate the support

- Jim

Cordoba

We're in Pottstown/fleetwood, in case the jet setters in birdsboro are out of town...

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

You might contact:

Peter Luciano

Lucky's Race Cars
3 Fillmore St
Phoenixville, PA

(610)415-1320

And usually: leave a message

He seems to be a bit of a perfectionist; honest, straightforward, and reasonable in pricing, in every interaction I've experienced and seen.

I don't know if he's done a Lemons cage, but he does lots of dragster cages [I think some are sub-10 sec. race cars] - that's also his racetype. I've known him for a year and I've personally seen him doing parts of I think 6 cages in his shop.

He has also worked on concourse show cars, antique cars [Model T or A, I'm not sure which], street rods, custom mods, and - I think - road race cages, because one of his regular kibitzers [customers/racers/friends that stop by to watch him work] had a team out of Phoenixville a while ago, which went to Pocono, NJ, Road Atlanta, etc., and out west near Colorado someplace.

Jim, we are actually working on a new build this weekend including finishing a cage, kill switch, fire system, etc, if you wanted to stop by.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Thanks Newton Meter for the lead on a cage builder near me

Much appreciated

Jim

Cordoba

3PM Chris,

I would like to take you up on your offer to check out your current build this weekend if possible. I sent you a forum Email to that effect but I am not really sure I did that correctly. ( My Mom dropped me on my head a bunch of times )

Anyhow if this Sat Morn / Afternoon would work for you  let me know

My Email is jsayrer@glsayre.com

Thanks!

Jim

Cordoba

Got it, responding by email

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Always excited for more big malaisey Mopars! 360 or 400 in the doba? Drop me a line if you need any help.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

GTOPat -

I believe its a 400. Distributor is in the front.  I enjoyed seeing your Monaco running in NJ this year. Seemed to be running well. It Definitely had cop shocks. smile  I stopped by your pit on Sat when you guys were tweaking your carb. 

Looked like fun.

Thanks for reaching out. I am cautiously optimistic that we can get this Chrysler built .

- Jim

Cordoba

Dizzy in the front is a big block smile The 400 made about 7.5:1 compression in 78!  Lose the Lean Burn, Mooar performance will do you a electronic ignition box (which we melted) or go msd.

FWIW I’m still fiddling with that damn Holley.

Give me a shout it we can be of assistance, were in lower Bucks county. RobL and the 3PM guys are good people too. Looking forward to NJMP!!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Wow  7.5 to 1.....That's just awful.....Surprised it even Runs

No doubt I will be reaching out to you when I get working on the Motor. I'm gonna need all the extra HP out of that sled in order to Dominate

Thanks!

Jim

Cordoba

Wow  7.5 to 1.....That's just awful.....Surprised it even Runs

No doubt I will be reaching out to you when I get working on the Motor. I'm gonna need all the extra HP out of that sled in order to Dominate

Thanks!

Jim

Cordoba