Topic: 2020 Lemons scedule is up!

It looks like for the most part it's the same as this past year's schedule, but with the big change being that the spring Sonoma race has been replaced with Willow Springs. We also see the return of the Scrotium 500!

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Re: 2020 Lemons scedule is up!

Curious on the schedule for the spring cmp race. I got hope for more night racing.

After some rumors last year at Barber about adding some east coast tracks (specifically VIR) I'm a little disappointed not to see in on the new schedule.

I think my team is officially done with 24's, so if the spring CMP race is that format, we might do Pitt Race instead.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Gotta decide between pittrace and NJMP. NJ is back on the good track, and hooptiecon. But pittrace is such a fun track.

This might be the first year we miss the NH race, or at least that I miss the NH race, since it's 1 week after my wedding. Gotta see how I can smooth that over.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

My buddy made this map which is helpful for visualizing all the races. Hopefully the link works!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dCs6Y … sp=sharing

CLUB 991 - Honda Prelude
Gingerman Oct. 2018 - We Got Screwed
CMP April 2019 - Most Heroic Fix
Gingerman Oct. 2019 - Class B Winner

I always have trouble visualizing where everything is, so maybe this will help some plan their races in 2020.  =]

(Map courtesy of Club 991, TONY SWAN NEVER SAY DIE MEMORIAL 2019 Class B Champions!)

TheEngineer wrote:

Gotta decide between pittrace and NJMP. NJ is back on the good track, and hooptiecon. But pittrace is such a fun track.

This might be the first year we miss the NH race, or at least that I miss the NH race, since it's 1 week after my wedding. Gotta see how I can smooth that over.

Call it a "Honeymoon at Home"?

"You marry me, you marry my family; and this is my extended family."

"I need something to relax me after the stress of the wedding planning."

"You knew what you were getting into." (sorry - THAT wouldn't be helpful)

"You agreed to 'In sickness and in health - this is my sickness.' "

I wish you the best of luck...

TheEngineer wrote:

(Congrats on the pending nuptials)

Now, to the point: If someone were to give you two a wedding gift that just so happened to include a weekend at the track in New Hampshire (and NOT include a gift receipt), it would be oh-so-rude to not use such a wonderfully thoughtful gift...

Anyone deciding about Pit or another event, do pit! Track is awesome!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

Anyone deciding about Pit or another event, do pit! Track is awesome!

YUP, IS the best!!!

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

Spank wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

(Congrats on the pending nuptials)

Now, to the point: If someone were to give you two a wedding gift that just so happened to include a weekend at the track in New Hampshire (and NOT include a gift receipt), it would be oh-so-rude to not use such a wonderfully thoughtful gift...

Lol, I'd love it, she not so much. She is a wonderful person, but very much not a car person. She doesn't come to races often anymore because I get so absorbed into them and she gets bored with nothing to do while I'm running around. Which is perfectly fine, we have plenty of other hobbies we enjoy together. Asking me to skip one race is a perfectly reasonable request considering it is right after the wedding. I'm mostly joking with the smooth things over comment. Funnier part is when mentioning how close the race and wedding are my dad made the comment "well, you can skip it" implying he'd be at the race anyway. I think he's more hooked on this stuff than I am.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Yeah a race at Vir would be a blast. Some more southern tracks would be nice on the schedule. Roebling road would also be fun minus getting in and out for gas and parts.

RIP Inde attendance sad

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

I dunno about you guys, but I'd kinda like to make the TASAMANIA race!
(might be a bit of a long tow...)

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Fishah wrote:

RIP Inde attendance sad

Ya, I don't think a lot of SoCal people will be at Inde with Willow Springs the next weekend.  I didn't go to Inde last year because there was a 24 Hour race at Buttonwillow the same weekend.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:
Fishah wrote:

RIP Inde attendance sad

Ya, I don't think a lot of SoCal people will be at Inde with Willow Springs the next weekend.

So if the only car to show up and turn at least one lap at Inde is an EV...

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Well, my plan was to debut our new build (three pedals, wrong wheel drive, and that's all the hints you'll get) at Inde and run the Benz at spring Sonoma. Since my wife's birthday lands between Inde and Willow Springs, you can see how there is no right answer smile

I guess we are going to finish very high in the standings at Inde and then plan for Thunderhill. Hope they run Willow again in 2021, maybe not one week after any other West Coast race?

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

looks like CMP April 25-26, 2020 is a 24 hr event

ballstene wrote:

My buddy made this map which is helpful for visualizing all the races. Hopefully the link works!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dCs6Y … sp=sharing

Cool! 

We're so lucky to have HPR here in Colorado.  Also looks like we get a little more separation between the #2 HPR event and the Heartland race which will be nice.

The true 24 for 2020 is HPR#2 in Sept.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

X-args wrote:

Oooooh... now you have my attention.

The Pentastar whisperer

X-args wrote:

Spank wrote:

What if you're both right?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
X-args wrote:

Spank wrote:

What what what? 

24 at HPR? 

Yowza!

therood wrote:
X-args wrote:

Spank wrote:

Two 24 hour races this year!? Madness!

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:

Two 24 hour races this year!? Madness!

They need to change the name of this series to, wait... never mind.

The Pentastar whisperer