Topic: Rollcage support bars out towards front?

I've read the requirements of the rollcage multiple times.
While it states how far one can go to the rear with the support bars (to the back of the rear tires), I don't see anything about running support bars out to the front strut mount points.
I do notice none of the diagrams show any front support bars.

So...is running support bars out the front of the cage allowed?

1991 VW Jetta #38 - cuz Whoopie Pie!

Re: Rollcage support bars out towards front?

Extra bars are allowed but I would run anything out of the ordinary to Pagel aka chief safety dude

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

Extra bars are allowed but I would run anything out of the ordinary to Pagel aka chief safety dude

Aka "Tech Tyrant" aka "The Evil One" aka.....   pagel@24hoursoflemons.com  big_smile

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

I believe you can run bars out to the strut towers, just make sure you seal the firewall again after. I don't believe you can run any bars further forwards than the strut towers since that runs afoul of the OEM crash structure rule. Anti-intrusion bars forward into the footwells are a good idea as well.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Got a reply from the "tech tyrant"

Only to the front struts, no further.

1991 VW Jetta #38 - cuz Whoopie Pie!