Topic: Road Atlanta tire changing

So I know Road Atlanta is much better on tires than CMP so not worried about eating a set up. That being said is Yokohama bringing their tire machine. Doubt I want to drag a machine down with us but it could become an option.

Re: Road Atlanta tire changing

No, they likely will not have anything at the track. They ended up extending their budget for that race last year to change eight tires and freeze their asses off, by which point they'd already committed to having their name on the race this year. Sorry for the incontinence.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

No, they likely will not have anything at the track. They ended up extending their budget for that race last year to change eight tires and freeze their asses off, by which point they'd already committed to having their name on the race this year. Sorry for the incontinence.

They were in good company is all I can say.  Everyone there froze their asses off, as we all did in 2017 as well. 

Not that Lemons can control the weather, but if we have a repeat of freezing and precipitation this year...threes strikes and we're out.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Last year at Road Atlanta was the most miserable I've ever been at a race, I think. See you there in a month.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Last year at Road Atlanta was the most miserable I've ever been at a race, I think. See you there in a month.

... and you were getting PAID to be there.

It cost the rest of us a lot of money to be there. Hopefully the third time will be the charm!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

VKZ24 wrote:
therood wrote:

They were in good company is all I can say.  Everyone there froze their asses off, as we all did in 2017 as well. 

Not that Lemons can control the weather, but if we have a repeat of freezing and precipitation this year...threes strikes and we're out.

That was an, um, interesting winter. 2018 Inde: "I can't believe it rained for 15 hours straight on Friday!"
2019 Inde: yeah, enough snow to close I-10 in southern AZ. (It doesn't take much, but ANY is a shocker...)
2020 Inde: what's the worst that could happen, given the rain and snow and 2 for 2 engine blows during our past two races there? Wife says: "Grapefruit sized hail! Worst ball pit EVAR..."

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Marketing has always confused me. I have so much to learn.