Re: New Hampshire race: good videos? opinions? praise or criticism?

TheEngineer wrote:
therood wrote:

Also worth noting:

- The overall fastest lap is often an outlier. The Motionsick Volkswagen that has a 3,000-millimeter turbo (at least it looks like it) on it has run the fast lap for most of these races. Those guys aren't remotely attempting to win a race and I don't know if they've ever finished Saturday without nuking a turbo or worse, but the fast laps are a byproduct of what they want to do in Lemons (Build something totally stupid and ridiculous, go fast, put it away when they're tired and/or blow it up).

- The second-place car at NHMS was the #99 Solara, which was the 53rd-quickest car of the weekend and they only finished 5 laps (~7.5 minutes) behind.

I think these two data points have always applied. The first one a little less, since it's often a bounce between example listed or just a clean lap from a car in the top 10. But the second point, that one has always applied to Lemons. Fast pit stops and clean driving get you far.

Also, thank you to whatever powers started limiting NH entry lists a little bit. I remember the 130 car weekend, backing off to 115 and under is the right call there.

I had just used fastest time because it was easiest to pull from the website for the entirety of the field. Fast laps are likely outliers, especially for teams that have cars running on the ragged edge compared to those that just chug along and place high on laps, however I am kind of hoping that the fast-car outliers and the average-car outliers when looked at as a whole could still be informative on year-to-year trends. The #99 Solar for example is the 53rd quickest, is the 53rd quickest about the same point in the distribution over the years, or is the 53rd quickest creeping faster? Where is the median/mode of the field moving over the years? These were generally the questions I was looking to answer. If I have this data in a tabular format (spreadsheet or whatever) for any other tracks/classes someone wants to see, I can automate the process knock these graphs out pretty quick.

Was there ever a 2019 Lemons Wrap-up Video for NHMP ?

StigNOT wrote:

there will be. The wrap-up videos lag behind the actual events by a bit.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:
StigNOT wrote:

there will be. The wrap-up videos lag behind the actual events by a bit.

2 months is more than a bit!  I don't get why it takes so long, it isn't like they are highly polished!  lol

The wrap up videos are filmed in batches of a few, then edited and released.  NH was probably the first of the batch.  Holidays and end of the year don’t help speed things up.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Probably still looking for demo derby action footage and figuring out how to shame us properly....