Topic: If Lemons would waive the cost of importing these could DOMINATE

Just sayin

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ln5dklipuscigkwpqakl.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/germany-is-full-of … Fl13HXiWns

Re: If Lemons would waive the cost of importing these could DOMINATE

Daemien wrote:

If Lemons would waive the cost of importing...

Shipping costs don't count towards the $500 limit, only the costs to "purchase and prepare" the car.

For the "purchase" part, whether local, national, or international, any money spent towards, for example, sending a car via air freight from London to Seattle, or hiring a company to ship a car from Georgia to Washington, or buying/renting a trailer to retrieve a car, or gasoline spent to haul it home, or anything else that isn't the purchase price of the vehicle (such as taxes, title, and registration) doesn't count under Rule 4.1. Admittedly the rule doesn't explicity exempt any taxes, but they're usually part of the title fees that are required for registration, so that's how it's been interpreted. The relevant question is how much did you pay the seller, not how much did you pay to cover all the expenses of getting it to your back yard, rusting away alongside all the others.

What would matter in this case is Rule 2.1, as these minivans weren't "legal for US highway use at the time of their manufacture." You'd need to ask for a waiver. I'd say it would likely be granted, based on my own experience in racing a 25-year-exempt imported car in Lemons.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I WANT ONE!

Somebody contact Bad Decisions racing...lol

Saw article.  Just realized that a combination of that and the Autobahn would be a _Very_ good-bad idea.

Plus, all 'bad-racecar-idea' flags show up -

- Chrysler
- diesel
- minivan

+ manual transmission FTW.

Should get one for Overzet for a Eastern Orthodox Christmas present -

Nobody will even ask what you paid for a diesel manual Chrysler van, only high five you for doing so as they put you in class C.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Daemien wrote:

Somebody contact Bad Decisions racing...lol

We have much more stupid things in store for 2020 and 2021.