Re: how to drink water in the car

Stan in Bham wrote:

We keep it really simple - 90 minute shifts in warmer weather, and drink up before you get in (with water and/or Powerade). 

We'll add Camelbaks if we ever run a mid-summer race.

You underestimate the brain fog clearing power of a nice sip of cool water in the middle of a stint.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Loose items and choking hazards are against the rules? Next y'all are gonna say I shouldn't be mixing instant coffee on the back straight.

bshorey wrote:
Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Wow, all we do is stuff a bottle of water next to us into the seat.  During yellow flag, stuff the bottle under the helmet, extend lips over the opening and squeeze.

Technically, that's against the rules (3.F.8).  You're not supposed to have any loose items in the cockpit.

bs

Fortunately, when it's wedged between my hip and the seat, it's not very loose.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Ratdoggy wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

We use the Longacre system too, but we switched out the bite valve for the nice 90 degree Camelback. Works great and At least for ME I drain it every stint.

I have to moma hen all my other drivers who come in half dehydrated with a mostly full drink bottle.

I can never find the damn hose.....I will velcro it to my wrist next season

Run it through the epaulet on your suit..... stays on your chest.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36