Re: Leasing a seat....

I run a class A car that competes for the overall win and 100% subscribe to the class C model. I don't need to have strangers/people of unknown quality in the car due to the extensive Lemons network and having done this for 7 years now so most of my team are car owners or have been doing this for a while now.

In my last event my car got bent, the driver at the time is providing a caged roller that I can swap the running gear into since he is on the west coast and I'm in the midwest. I would have been just as happy with him turning up with parts and tools and us fixing it up but it wasn't practical. This is what stand up people do, they make things right when things go wrong and get invited back.

I do my share of arrive and drives as well and have never signed anything but as a racer and member of this community I will put right whatever happens when I'm in the car.

It all comes back to guiding principal of Lemons - Don't be a dick.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

soldmystang wrote:

Well, technically it is "Barber" but I assume Barbers is the generally accepted colloquialism..... wink.

Only if you also say KrogerS, or Wal-MartS because you can't read the damn sign.  wink

As for an unknown A&D? Sure we all know shit happens, but what if the shit WAS YOUR FAULT and you just don't give a f*ck and walk away?  Not in my car.   If I don't know you, or have never raced with/against you multiple times in the past, nope, not a chance. Go get your own car and f*ck it up.

I've done and A&D myself quite a few times, but never with anyone who didn't know me.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I've hosted complete unknown to me A&Ds twice in the past.  Both times ended up working out, but there was definitely risk involved.  As the car owner, I sounded them out as well as I could, but you just never know until they start turning laps.  I also got agreement from my other drivers for those races, because everyone needed to know what kind of weekend we might have.

Nothing in writing and no expectations if they wreck the car.  I fully expected to be stiffed if they screwed up, and would be pleasantly surprised if they made it right.  Hell, I don't expect my regular drivers to "make it right".  Its a racecar, fixing it is half the fun.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Everyone down here calls it "Barber's", as in "Barber's racetrack and museum". 

Yes, we know it is officially "Barber Motorsports Park", but we can always tell the out-of-staters when they call it that.  George Barber built it, it is his track and museum; so we call it "Barber's".