Topic: Event Chiropractor/Rehab doc interest?

Hey everyone. I am looking to participate in the upcoming March event at Willow Springs, not as a racer but as a rehab doc. I am a chiropractor and would love to set up and provide some treatments to the racers and teams. There will be no charge for the services, perhaps a donation jar to be shared with the event.

Services I can provide:
-Adjustments-manual adjustments, reduce mid back and neck stress.
-Muscle work-reduce cramping, tension.
-Normatec-Compression sleeve for the legs, increases blood circulation and reduces fatigue.

Ideally the setup will be so that all the teams can utilize rehab pit station, and not specific teams. Let me know if there is any interest.

Best,

-Dr. Arno

Re: Event Chiropractor/Rehab doc interest?

Thanks for your interest in helping out.

Not sure of your intention...would the compression thingy be a rehab treatment or be worn in the car? My understanding is that the benefit comes from all-day use. I have thought about a compression sock while in the car. My legs sometimes cramp up. It usually passes after a few laps. Unless they make a fireproof one, a compression sock could be terrible in a fire.

From the rulebook:
3.B.4 Socks and Other Undergarments. Socks, shirts, and other undergarments made of synthetic material (including nylon, orlon, Spandex, etc.) will melt to the skin in a fire and are strictly forbidden. Fire-retardant (Nomex, Carbon-X, or equivalent) racing socks are mandatory.

--bb

billy bee wrote:

Thanks for your interest in helping out.

Not sure of your intention...would the compression thingy be a rehab treatment or be worn in the car? My understanding is that the benefit comes from all-day use. I have thought about a compression sock while in the car. My legs sometimes cramp up. It usually passes after a few laps. Unless they make a fireproof one, a compression sock could be terrible in a fire.

From the rulebook:
3.B.4 Socks and Other Undergarments. Socks, shirts, and other undergarments made of synthetic material (including nylon, orlon, Spandex, etc.) will melt to the skin in a fire and are strictly forbidden. Fire-retardant (Nomex, Carbon-X, or equivalent) racing socks are mandatory.

--bb

No intention. Always wanted to be part of this event, figured this would be something interesting for the weekend.

The Normatec is not something you wear during the races:), They are large active compression sleeves set to certain pattern, you can control the amount of compression they provide through a handheld monitor. Usually a 10-15 min session before or after activity provides good benefits.

Here is a link to the website for that compression device.

https://www.normatecrecovery.com/science

Let me know if you have other questions.