Topic: Anyone Interested in Racing With Us at Pittsburgh?

My Son and Me want to run either the April Pittsburgh Race or the April CMP Race.(but not both). We are located in Wake Forest, NC. We have a Lemons Legal Volvo 242 that we raced last fall at CMP. At CMP our team consisted of four rookie drivers. The car was clearly better than the drivers and survived the weekend. We finished 60th out of about 95. We were running at the finish. Although Pittsburgh is a longer haul, I am attracted to that race because it isn't a true 24 hour race. I am not willing to haul the car to Pittsburgh unless we have at least four drivers. At that moment, the only confirmed drivers are me and my Son. This would be only our second race. I am on the older side, so I probably won't be interested in driving more than three 1 to 2 hour shifts. The car is a 1977 Volvo 242 that has had a long and varied racing career. It started out as an SCCA competitor and has seen both Lemons and Champ Car races. It has current safety equipment. We just swapped in a five speed gear box. The car is not fast, although I could mostly hang with Crown Victorias on the CMP straights. The racing seat is a wide model on sliders so  it can accommodate a wide varieties of drivers. The CMP race was somewhat hard on the chassis but I think it has another race in it. Before the next race I'll need new tires. Before I commit to the Pittsburgh race I need to make sure I have enough drivers. I am willing to front the entry fee. Additional drivers will need to provide their own gear, lodging, food, Lemons Licence and help out with the gas bill. I'll bring the car, gas cans and limited tools (whatever fits in the back of the truck besides pare tires and gas cans), I am in this for the experience and to have fun. I have no illusions as far as winning anything. I am looking for drivers that are looking for a good time. If you wreck the car, I won't get mad. Currently I don't have a theme for the team/car. At CMP the car was just painted white with limited labeling. Unless someone has a great idea, it will be the same at the next race.

Since the entry deadline for Pittsburgh is coming up soon, I need to firm up my plans in the next few days. If you are interested let me know and we can chat on the phone.

Thanks.

Ed White

Re: Anyone Interested in Racing With Us at Pittsburgh?

"Although Pittsburgh is a longer haul, I am attracted to that race because it isn't a true 24 hour race."

You do realize you don't HAVE to drive all 24 hours,right...?

You can race a while, park the car,have a sammich,go out to dinner,whatever...
Then go back out for a while....maybe stop for a big hearty breffas..go race some more....
As you say,you're just in it for the fun,slow down and enjoy the time....

Entry fees,etc. are the same .....

Just sayin'....

40+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

PM Sent

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

BigBird wrote:

"Although Pittsburgh is a longer haul, I am attracted to that race because it isn't a true 24 hour race."

You do realize you don't HAVE to drive all 24 hours,right...?

You can race a while, park the car,have a sammich,go out to dinner,whatever...
Then go back out for a while....maybe stop for a big hearty breffas..go race some more....
As you say,you're just in it for the fun,slow down and enjoy the time....

Entry fees,etc. are the same .....

Just sayin'....

Thanks for the comments. I get that I don't have to run the whole 24 hours at CMP and we might do that if I can't work out the logistics for Pittsburgh. On the other hand I've heard good things about the Pittsburgh track and in the scheme of things it isn't that ,much further to drive.I definitely want to do one or the other.

Thanks to those who replied. I was able to line up the drivers for the race. See you all at the race.