Topic: 2020

What are the odds of Rallys happening this year?

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, and Route Sucky Suck

Re: 2020

Well, one did, so 100%?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

squirrel wrote:

What are the odds of Rallys happening this year?

I think any event with large gatherings of people will be iffy until May when the weather warms up. I've never done the LeMon's rally but that may not matter if people are just driving around. The issue is if the government starts putting people/states on lock down. NYC is close to a "shelter in home order", 

California has been locked down and it wouldn't surprise me if N.Y followed them. A NY lock down would drastically affect our ability to race because we can't finish the car for April.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleship
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - "Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

I don't see any value in speculating since even once the various measures in place are lifted, we don't know how long it will take people to recover. For now, everything is as scheduled, but if anything changes, we'll give as much notice as we can. I will tell you that rallies are much easier to reschedule than races, so if we can't hold one (or more than one), it very likely can be moved to new dates.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Rallies are easy to reschedule, Time off to attend the rally, less so.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport