Topic: How much effort? Selling a car

Why do sellers seem to not put forth much effort to provide info on a car they are selling  found a old scca then chump car  asked for a few basic pictures of the cage, if it looked good I woulda went over and measured it out with the rule book to make sure it was good. talked several times, asked for the pictures never got any.  Another guy on the Lemons forum, car for sale, been for sale, multiple messages sent. No reply smh   Why do people list cars if they are not gonna put forth an effort to reply? Both cars are still for sale, and I’ve never talked price with either so it’s not like they thought I gave a lowball offer.  Blows me away, I want to GIVE someone my money and they won’t even make a minimal effort to take.

2 (edited by DirtyDuc 2020-03-22 05:03 PM)

Re: How much effort? Selling a car

The pm system here relies on emailing you. Most email services think the way the forum software does that is sketchy.

Forum emails often end up in spam as a result unless the receiver has put in a little effort.

Also, some people might have already sold somewhere else and just forgotten they posted here.

That guy

DirtyDuc wrote:

The pm system here relies on emailing you. Most email services think the way the forum software does that is sketchy.

Forum emails often end up in spam as a result unless the receiver has put in a little effort.

Also, some people might have already sold somewhere else and just forgotten they posted here.

/agree

Many emails never make it.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

A lot of people only like the Idea of selling their car, they don't actually want to sell, but they'll go through just enough of the motions to convince themselves they tried.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

A lot of people only like the Idea of selling their car, they don't actually want to sell, but they'll go through just enough of the motions to convince themselves they tried.

meets the minimum spousal requirements

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Lots of people want you to just walk up and hand over the asking price.

No arguments

No questions

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

It is very annoying.  We tried to find a honda civic for my step daughter and one personal actually posted his ad and then went on vacation for a week.  WTF!    And another want to schedule an appointment to see their car next week.  WTF!

OP:

Sometimes life gets in the way.

You are buying recreational equipment; apparently want a complete racecar; which, the consensus generally agrees, is the least expensive, easiest way to race.

Smart; but, [at least according to 'the forum, like BMW], the 'easy button'.

This is a good time to have liquid funds, because some might _need_ to sell their racecar.

Some are trying to figure out how they're going to buy something to eat in the next few days, keep the heat and lights on through the end of the month, and/or arrange for a caretaker for their elderly parent(s) while they're in quarantine or intensive care.

I have, in the last few weeks, had discussions with a few acquaintances about _precisely_ those things.

Think of it this way:

You are in a relatively strong position, having the cash in hand. That's HUGE!

And yet, your post.

As this situation gets more disruptive, more opportunities will surface.

The need for money will become more desperate for some.

You'll likely be able to buy a better racecar for less money.

But if you want an easy purchase RIGHT NOW:

You can buy my running, driving, no rust, complete, white '91 Caprice Classic, 5.0l, for $400. It does have some 'character'. It's in SE PA.

I'll put the good, fully charged battery back in it, the title in the glove box, and the keys on the right rear tire. You'll have to give me an hour.

You collect it any day between 9am-10pm. I likely _won't_ be there, so:

You put the money in a plastic bag in the top cinderblock next to the picnic table under the trees of the turn-around [that's actually more obvious than you might think] right in front of the car. I'll trust you.

If you want to risk on-highway legal implications [registration, insurance], drive it home.

It's not a racecar, so you're not going to want it.

But it could be.

When i wanted to buy a racecar, i emailed him, and listed my email and phone number right here in the post, for anyone to see.

I didnt want him to miss my email, so i gave up some privacy in exchange for success.

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

10 (edited by meyers0150 2020-05-26 11:05 AM)

Buy mine!  It's the one in my picture, 3.8 5 speed 00 Firebird and is mostly Lemons legal.  meyers0150@msn.com to email me directly and avoid the forum issues.

Edit: Located in South Jersey

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix