Topic: One piece/two piece racing seat?

Will a Kirkey 65 Series adjustable road race seat pass tech?  I didn't realize until I got it in the mail that it came in two pieces.  I read in the rules that only "one-piece purpose built racing seats" are allowed.

It's one piece when I put it together right?

Thank you!

Re: One piece/two piece racing seat?

I believe the ruling is that if it bolts together it's fine.  If it has a release lever and you can adjust it whenever, then no.

I think when King 1 calls it adjustable it refers to the back adjusting position in relation to the seat and in my experience King 1 is correct, that won't pass tech. But if after bolted together the whole seat will move forward or back then I have seen that slider adjustment pass tech if the proper adjuster is used. Better to use a double locking track slider that holds the seat really firm. See rules section 3.F. Loose / wobbly won't pass and a lot of teams fail on the back brace rule the first time through tech.

4 (edited by chaase 2020-03-27 02:54 PM)

moparfan wrote:

I think when King 1 calls it adjustable it refers to the back adjusting position in relation to the seat and in my experience King 1 is correct, that won't pass tech. But if after bolted together the whole seat will move forward or back then I have seen that slider adjustment pass tech if the proper adjuster is used. Better to use a double locking track slider that holds the seat really firm. See rules section 3.F. Loose / wobbly won't pass and a lot of teams fail on the back brace rule the first time through tech.

Track sliders are fine. A seat with a back rest that the driver can adjust on the fly will not pass tech. If it all bolts together in one piece w/appropriate grade hardware, it probably should pass but Pagel makes that call.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

We run a Kirkey 70-Series and asked Pagel about it specifically. Got the OK. Never hurts to ask TEO yourownself...

Ours looks like this:
https://content.speedwaymotors.com/ProductImages/91070151_L700_4ec56bec-8ea7-4884-9dd5-54d035aa0edb.jpg

It bolts together:
https://content.speedwaymotors.com/ProductImages/91070151_L850_7729abcc-7188-4b86-a513-582118315803.jpg

--bb

This very issue was discussed in this thread that ended with someone checking with Pagel who said the new Series 65 was okay.
https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=36346

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Thanks to all of you!