Topic: best hacked fuel system to run in a swap

Hello All,

We got onto this subject in another thread, which is really important on a swap!

Best  hacked fuel system to run in  a swap.

X-args is using a hacked GM system for his swap.  I have been using the T5 suite for SAAB TRIONIC. 

What setup have people had success with?

GM? SAAB? Rusefi? Megasquirt?  Speeduino?

Any setups for hacking the original equipment  firmware to delete the security hardware, body control modules? so the swapped engine can run standalone?

or just a OEM fuel injection setup that can be transferred to our swapped engine (not a rochester carb!)

Weigh in here mateys!

bill

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … 11#p336611

Re: best hacked fuel system to run in a swap

Stock GM (1998'ish) with a bunch of stuff deleted.

Before I got it, my festiva was running a RusEFI. It was put there by the guys that invented it.

That engine and management is now in a Chump car out in Jersey.

The 2.5 I'm putting in will use stock equipment for now.

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

HP Tuners supports a lot of GM engines, I use it for my Ecotec, you can easily remove security and you can log and tune if you are that way inclined. Their licensing and customer support for the most part sucks but it works.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

When I could no longer find working Bosch LH 2.2 stuff for my redblock, I switched to Microsquirt.  It works good if your engine is batch fire injection and no variable valve timing.  You just need some low cost GM sensors, a wideband and a way to determine the crank position. 

Benefits were a bunch of real time troubleshooting tools and you have complete control of the spark and fuel mapping.  You can log everything that is going on to an on board computer and even create custom dash lights and gauges.

Downsides are you have to create your own ignition, fueling and afr tables.  It is tough to get it running very well without a dyno and experience. Using a tuner for your first tune helps, but is costly. 

I know, $500 my azz, but I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out why my car was not running at WOT with the Bosch stuff.  With the Microsquirt installed we were able to quickly determine the fuel system was not keeping up.

There may be a plug and play system for your engine type.

At the end of the day, it is still a POS Volvo wagon.  We are having fun though.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Anybody use  PCM HAMMER ?

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/releases

its free, so just wondering...
Any experience?

thanks!