Topic: Mission Minneapolis - BIR - Brainerd

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PuiwkgW78MLSJX9sMP9-qAZfrTZq2QKtZN9rnnx-EIUDIlSLng_e1Ja4zMQ3yQywM87etli75TCXVBeVDIOvW7LQH_Mh9e8bcP_jjndYDjnh3qi5i5BmvdzKe3apPzonS9Pnj686eA=w2400

Here's my teams' Protege5 which we're prepping for the Brainerd race this fall. Team name is tentatively ProteFeO as we represent the ugly, rusty side of Minnesota cars with this 2002 Mazda. I'm a car noob but I drove up from Minneapolis with a friend to the inaugural Brainerd race "Minneapolis 500" and that clinched it that I have to get a car and a team together. So far it's been awesomely rewarding to work on the car -doing a clutch replacement in my small garage- and I have the task calendar and budget figured out that I think we'll be ready. I don't, however, have the ability to do my own cage. So, if anyone has a recommendation for a Minneapolis-area roll cage welder, please reply.

Thanks and I hope to see some of you in Minnesota this fall.
DD

Re: Mission Minneapolis - BIR - Brainerd

Patience Metal Fab in Brooklyn Park helped me out last fall to remake some of the kit I bought but they are a high end shop and it will be super spendy.  Having a main hoop and a halo bent cost me as much as buying the complete kit from roll cage components.  If I ever replace the cage in my A4 I'll do whatever I can to have them do the whole thing next time.