Topic: Seats

New to Lemon racing and need to purchase a seat. Have read several forum threads indicating Kirkey makes a quality seat. Is anyone using a 71 series seat? It appears to be the least expensive "road race" seat that offers lateral head restraint. Thinking to add stock Mustang sliders to the bottom since we have different height drivers. Thoughts on this approach and whether this will pass Tech?

Re: Seats

I used early 2000s Mustang sliders cuz they are low profile for head clearance, but have ratcheting vertical adjustment. Works slick as snot. Paired the sliders with an Ultrashield seat for a sweet setup.

Tri-Lamb Motorsports ‘87 528e

I have the previous generation Kirkey road race seat (series 47) and really like it so you'll probably be happy with the Series 71.  Alternatively, you can get a composite containment seat from http://www.bimarco.eu.  The Hummer version with steel brackets shipped to me was $272.  The Grip appears to be the same seat but with an FIA cert would be $422 shipped with brackets.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Appreciate the feedback and tips!