Topic: Brand New Team on the Peninsula in SF Bay Area, CA

We are a brand new team of exceedingly young and stupid aspiring Lemons racers, and we are looking for help, advice, team members, or anything of the sort. There are three of us right now, two of us will be driving and one just happy to be here and work on the car. The car we're looking at right now is a '96 Mustang V6. For our first year, we wanted a car that would be dependable enough to race stock while still shitty enough to pass inspection. We are hoping to get our hands on it within the next couple of weeks, but it will then stay at one of our homes until the quarantine lifts and we can meet up and get to work. We have our eyes on the race in Sonoma in December, but we would like to get moving sooner rather than later so that we do not end up short for time. My main concern with race prep is the construction and installation of a lemons-legal roll cage. How do we go about this? Is it possible to order one online and then have it installed? What kind of shop would be stupid enough to actually do that for us? If anyone is looking to sell old (but safe and legal for this season) race safety gear, we are in the market. If you have any responses to my questions, are looking to sell some gear, or want some more information about the team, please just reply to this post or email me at anewman0623@gmail.com.

Re: Brand New Team on the Peninsula in SF Bay Area, CA

Pick something from this list, put in your own drivetrain, and be everybody's hero:

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=39066

I'm selling the Mazdamaro in norcal...it is ready to go racing. A cage and safety gear will cost more than just buying this ready-to-race car.  btw, sonoma in december it always rains, not the best particular if you are new to racing.    You can run at Thunderhill in May with this car, assuming it doesn't get cancelled.

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=39034

https://images.craigslist.org/00o0o_cahibKtp2Ko_600x450.jpg

My favorite place to buy safety gear is eBay. There are sellers that deal used NASCAR gear. The good thing about that is you get pro quality gear for about $150 per suit. Also, I like 2 piece suits because they are easier to mix and match and if it’s hot walking around the paddock you take jacket off instead of tying arms around your belly (but you will miss out on having the Real Racer TM look).

Tri-Lamb Motorsports ‘87 528e

zakp73 wrote:

My favorite place to buy safety gear is eBay. There are sellers that deal used NASCAR gear. The good thing about that is you get pro quality gear for about $150 per suit. Also, I like 2 piece suits because they are easier to mix and match and if it’s hot walking around the paddock you take jacket off instead of tying arms around your belly (but you will miss out on having the Real Racer TM look).

I'll second this....I got what would have been a $1500.00  NASCAR suit from a truck series team that went belly-up mid season for $200.00..and I also get that RealRacer look....check out 'raceusedrescued' on FleaBay   try the 'make an offer' option..

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Bay area team here. Buy a completed car for your first time. Building a car is a bitch and expensive and stressful. So much better to buy a completed car, enjoy your first race, and learn from that. It's a pretty steep learning curve. Ton of fun though! Let me know if you have any questions. phillip.mingus@gmail.com

1. Read the rules.
2. Print off the rules
3. read the rules 3 more times.
4. Buy a used Lemons car on craigslist or the Lemons forum.
5. Add the fire suppression
6. Make the car mechanically reliable.
7. Collect fees from your 2 friends.
8. Find a 4th driver, and collect money from them.
9. Sign up an pay your fees.
10. Figure out hotels and food.

11.  Do this in order.

Good luck Nancy, you are gonna need it

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo