26 (edited by chaase 2020-05-17 07:29 AM)

Re: COVID-19 UPDATES THREAD

MZAVARIN wrote:

ok, sorry, my incorrect assumption, I just don't know any better, I've only attended the North East tracks and they all require fueling only in the hot pit....which has its pluses and minuses...but certainly quicker than fueling in the paddock so more track time...
In any case, all I was thinking was that hot pit fueling would not contribute to the spread of the COVID virus and increase the risk of getting infected relative to fueling in the paddock....
Although now that I think about it, maybe the process of getting to the hot pit, which people do without their full gear and helmet on, would make it difficult to stay 6 feet apart...?  Although people don't tend to mingle, since its so damn hot in the fire suits...
I dunno....not that big of a difference...no big deal...Not my circus....

(and I hear ya...I feeling pain of the "new re-build" on the Prelude...and I could use the time (and money) right now....)
But dang, the racing itch is itchy....

I don't see the hot pit being a risk but that's just me. It prevents people from "mixing" more but I don't see it being a big deal. I am used to the hot pit but fueling at the paddock will be fine.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner