Topic: SN95 Mustang Airbag Removal

First time Lemons team prepping our car for the build, and one of the first things we were planning on doing is removing all the airbags. Does anyone have any experience with these cars or similar model airbag removal? I found simple enough instructions for the passenger side and steering wheel airbags, but I know there are some curtain airbags as well. How do we deactivate all of these? The general process seemed to be: disconnect the battery, wait 15-20 minutes for the backup battery to drain, take off the paneling, disconnect the wires, remove the bags. Am I missing anything there? Thank you.

Re: SN95 Mustang Airbag Removal

Fire them all off then remove?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: SN95 Mustang Airbag Removal

anewman0623 wrote:

First time Lemons team prepping our car for the build, and one of the first things we were planning on doing is removing all the airbags. Does anyone have any experience with these cars or similar model airbag removal? I found simple enough instructions for the passenger side and steering wheel airbags, but I know there are some curtain airbags as well. How do we deactivate all of these? The general process seemed to be: disconnect the battery, wait 15-20 minutes for the backup battery to drain, take off the paneling, disconnect the wires, remove the bags. Am I missing anything there? Thank you.

Not missing anything, if you feel better, disconnect the battery a day before. Generally speaking, there are safety's built in if you remove the connectors from the air bags (self grounding), do not clip the wires.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!