Topic: Patches?

Just ran my first Lemons race at Gingerman on Chad's #15 fairlane team. One thing I forgot to look for was a race patch. What's the deal on getting them? I didn't really walk around the paddock too much with all the masking (and wrenching going on with the car) so did I miss out? Any way to retroactively purchase one?

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Re: Patches?

Usually the patches are distributed in the team packets. They weren’t this time- I think there might have been some issue getting them made in time? Pretty sure Lemons will rectify the situation at some point!

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

derekste wrote:

Usually the patches are distributed in the team packets. They weren’t this time- I think there might have been some issue getting them made in time? Pretty sure Lemons will rectify the situation at some point!

Without belaboring the point, we weren't 100 percent sure we'd have a race in time to order patches and have them at the track. Usually, we order  whole bunch of races at once, which we did at the beginning of this year up through NJMP. Suffice to say, rather than potentially have a bunch more made for races we weren't certain would happen, we held off. We'll get them made and get them to people one way or another.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Usually, we order  whole bunch of races at once, which we did at the beginning of this year up through NJMP.

Wouldn't the properly Lemony approach be to take all of those ordered but unused patches, cross out the names and venues with a Sharpie, write "Rust Belt" across them with the very same aforementioned Sharpie, and mail those to everyone?

As far as that goes, just keep doing the same thing for all of the upcoming races until the preordered patch supply runs out. I'd keep using "Rust Belt" for all of the events, too, as it probably fits okay on the patch, isn't exactly wrong in a metaphorical sense, and is easy to spell.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally