Topic: What's everyone using for a Fuel Cart?

Wanted to see what everyone is using for a Fuel Cart

Re: What's everyone using for a Fuel Cart?

I dont have a pic of it, but we always use an old cart made to haul metal trashcans. It's about 50 years old, and the city now takes trash from communal bins in the alley, so this is now the only use this big-ass cart gets!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I noticed your location is Los Angeles....
If you plan to run in west coast races ( Buttonwillow,Sonoma,Thill),we usually fuel in the paddock,so we don't really need a cart......

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Gorilla cart (garden cart) from your favorite home improvement store.  Holds 6 gas cans, 2 fire extinguishers and catch pan

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

I use a Harbor Freight garden cart.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Awesome - thanks everyone

Yup - we run Buttonwillow, Sonoma, and Thill ... it is a great set of tracks

I saw that they added the following for Gingerman and thought they may need to for other tracks as well

"FUELING
For the first time at Gingerman, we will be fueling in the hot pits or at the pumps. There will be no fueling allowed in your paddock space."

thebeast wrote:

Awesome - thanks everyone

Yup - we run Buttonwillow, Sonoma, and Thill ... it is a great set of tracks

I saw that they added the following for Gingerman and thought they may need to for other tracks as well

"FUELING
For the first time at Gingerman, we will be fueling in the hot pits or at the pumps. There will be no fueling allowed in your paddock space."

I think with our sheer numbers (120-150 cars) it would make it more of a clusterfuck than usual......but we shall see...

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

If you are planning on going to The Ridge bring a fuel cart  Hot pit fueling only and no fuel on site

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

9 (edited by Stan in Bham 2020-07-10 03:19 PM)

We burn a lot less gas than most teams, so spent some of my stay at home time this spring repurposing two old hose carts that had leaky reel connections into fuel carts. They'll each hold two fuel jugs, drip pan, and fire extinguisher, and added two helmet hooks for carrying helmets and gloves to pit lane from the paddock. Since we normally add 7.5 to 8 gallons per 90 minute shift, we can have the next two gas stops worth of fuel ready to go for now, and it will allow us to have one cart for each car when we get our second car ready.

If you don't have the time, inclination, or old hose carts handy, the garden carts from Lowe's, Home Depot, or Harbor Freight work well.  The big ones can be used as engine stands in a pinch.

We have a plastic radio flyer kids wagon from a guy on our team who moved and didn't want to take it with him.  It works.  A square garden kart thing works better.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Two-wheeled dolly with 2' x 4' extensions built out of OSB so it can carry 4 "speedy" jugs, our giant drain pan, our even bigger funnel, the extiguisher and both helmets.  So far fit through all pit wall gates but that streak will end.

We use these foldable carts, so easy to pack

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail- … lgQAvD_BwE

Compact, hods 2 jugs, fuel tray (we use a boot tray that fits perfectly on bottom (Home Depot), fire extinguisher

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022