1 (edited by paul@shift 2020-07-11 05:41 AM)

Topic: Road Atlanta Camping

Hope this is the right place.  Tried searching but didn't see an answer and the only post was from 2010.

First time Lemons racer here.  i've driven Road Atlanta and camped in their campground, but never camped while racing.  I also know RA doesn't offer power in the campground at all races, only the full weekenders.

Had a logistical question about the event at Road Atlanta.  We paid the camping fee and plan on bringing a trailer.   Do most people park their trailers in the camping area or near the paddock?  And was there power available (even if it's an extra charge) for trailers or did you just run a generator?

Thanks!

Re: Road Atlanta Camping

There is some power in the paddock.

I do not recall if there are "reservable" RV spaces in the paddock.

Many teams use generators.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Re: Road Atlanta Camping

There are RV spaces in the paddock on the far northern end of the outside paddock. Power hookups at least. Don't know if you can reserve them with the track. Last time we were there they were on a first-available basis, but we didn't need one so we didn't park up there. The outside paddock is large enough that most teams just park their trailer right next to their setup area. That may change with covid stuff this year though?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.