Topic: Mostly Lemons Ready Firebird, $2800 in South Jersey

We are starting a Texas chapter of the Glue Sticks so it's time to sell a car here.  If you are intrested in a mostly Lemons ready car that's a blast to drive this is it!  Feel free to share if you know someone interested. 
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item … management

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Re: Mostly Lemons Ready Firebird, $2800 in South Jersey

Your Facebook link results in a blank Facebook ? for me.

I edited thusly, and got to your listing:

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/454965885365303

Hey!  I'm assuming this is still for sale?  I've got just a few light questions

1. What are the seat fitment requirements?  Any experience or guess at sort of the 'outer-bounds' of who might be able to fit, or if modifications would be pretty simple?  I'm 6'3", but have a range of people who might want to drive
2. Other than the fire suppression system and harnesses, are there any other 2019 requirements that it wouldn't meet? 
3. Do most consumables (tires, brakes, any parts that regularly wear) tend to last a few races?  What falls on the 'replace every race' list (or, nearly every race)?
4. Did you ever get the Accusump? (Yeah, I did some digging wink )
5. What is this rearview camera situation?
6. What is the front brake situation - did you wind up upgrading to a C5 setup? 
7. About how many racing hours on this engine?  Ever any transmission problems?  Is this the first clutch issue?
8. To your best recollection, how many races have you done with the car, and how long since it was last operable? 
9. Do you have a title, still have the rear hatch, T-tops, windows, etc? 
10. And, last but not least, any more pictures?  Especially of the interior setup. 

Thank You!

Team 'We're still coming up with a name'
1996 Buick Century - it's scary stock up in there.  And, no, it doesn't have a 'Buick' V6.

4 (edited by meyers0150 2019-10-30 04:57 AM)

mthew_m wrote:

Hey!  I'm assuming this is still for sale?  I've got just a few light questions

1. What are the seat fitment requirements?  Any experience or guess at sort of the 'outer-bounds' of who might be able to fit, or if modifications would be pretty simple?  I'm 6'3", but have a range of people who might want to drive ---  the seat is the standard wide Corbeau but I have an extra wide seat in another car I could give you instead.
2. Other than the fire suppression system and harnesses, are there any other 2019 requirements that it wouldn't meet?  ---- fire suppression and the harness is expired.  That should be all.
3. Do most consumables (tires, brakes, any parts that regularly wear) tend to last a few races?  What falls on the 'replace every race' list (or, nearly every race)? ---  yes, tires get two races, front pads I change every race, rear every other.  Beyond that just fluid changes. 
4. Did you ever get the Accusump? (Yeah, I did some digging wink ) ---- I'm glad you read my build thread. The car hasn't been raced since Thompson so that hasn't been added.  We've focused on class C lately. 
5. What is this rearview camera situation? --- camera still works.  It works great when approaching cars are relatively close,  but mirrors are better when they are at a larger distance.
6. What is the front brake situation - did you wind up upgrading to a C5 setup?  I put on Powerstop calipers,  but essentially it's all stock.  No C5 yet. 
7. About how many racing hours on this engine?  Ever any transmission problems?  Is this the first clutch issue?  The engine has only about 1 hour on it.  We got it in with an hour left at Thompson.  It's from a Buick so it hasn't been abused like a F-Body 3.8.  No transmission issues except the clutch needs to be bleed from the swap. We are on our 2nd clutch replaced after Gingerman. 
8. To your best recollection, how many races have you done with the car, and how long since it was last operable?  Maybe 5 races, I believe I documented every race of Firebird Nation forum.
9. Do you have a title, still have the rear hatch, T-tops, windows, etc?  --- you will get the title,  but the hatch, tops, and windows are gone.
10. And, last but not least, any more pictures?  Especially of the interior setup.  --- see my contact info below. 

Thank You!

I answered your questions in the quote.  My email is meyers0150@msn.com and cell # is 1-856-275-5615 if you call leave it message and I'll call you back.  I never answer unknown phone numbers. Or FB messenger.

Team Glue Sticks
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

May I contact as well?

Ronko wrote:

May I contact as well?

Absolutely!!!  It isn't sold yet.

Team Glue Sticks

Bumping this.  It now has all mechanical issues sorted and just needs a new harness and fire suppression system.

Team Glue Sticks

8 (edited by meyers0150 2020-06-24 07:42 AM)

Update, the car is now listed at $2200.

Team Glue Sticks

Is the Firebird still available?
Long Islander looking for a vehicle to start a rookie team

SturmUndDrang wrote:

More Long Islanders!

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleship
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - "Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

SturmUndDrang wrote:

Yes it is!  Text me at 856-275-5615 or email me at meyers0150@msn.com and I can give you more info.

Team Glue Sticks