Topic: High Plains Drifter - two-length race

Hello - is there any more information how the race-within-a-race will be run in Colorado in September? The true 24 is noon to noon.  How will the 12hr version be run? I couldn't find any add'l information on this. Thanks!
Friso

Re: High Plains Drifter - two-length race

In another race series the 12 hour race just ended at midnight so you still need lights.

Why not race the 24 hours?  You could park it when everyone is tired and start again in the morning.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

The CMP 24 that is the same weekend is a straight 12 hours 11 am to 11 pm so I am assuming High Plains will be the same.

In regards to why not just do the 24 is the 24 hour races require a minimum of 3 drivers to register.  If you don't have 3 drivers then the full 24 is not an option.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Huskar wrote:

The CMP 24 that is the same weekend is a straight 12 hours 11 am to 11 pm so I am assuming High Plains will be the same.

In regards to why not just do the 24 is the 24 hour races require a minimum of 3 drivers to register.  If you don't have 3 drivers then the full 24 is not an option.

if anyone actually finds themselves in the above scenario of wanting to race for 24 hours but not being able to get the minimum 3 drivers... hit me up and I'll pad your roster. shit, I'll even drive your junk if you'll let me smile

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

cool - thanks folks for sharing your experiences here.  We're just toying w ideas...
Cheers!