1 (edited by devomgd 2020-07-24 07:10 AM)

Topic: CMP 24 Roll call!!

Hong Norrth is in for the full 24!

95 Mazda MX3 #92

Mark G. Davis - Hong Norrth Mazda MX3
https://www.facebook.com/#!/hongnorrth
www.e3storage.com

Re: CMP 24 Roll call!!

Team name,  type of car, and number please!

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

Racing Cosmo,  '96 Crown Vic. #55

We are a brand new team.
I am a first time lemon captian and I have never even seen a race track.

What could go wrong?

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

come monday has the pink piggy 928 and all it’s fail potential.

Whoever has taken 929: if you’re not married to this choice, I’ll happily trade for it, since it’s been our car’s number for 9 years.

Then again, it’s not like 929 has been particularly auspicious...

Never mind. Keep it. 

No, wait. I’ll trade for it.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

We’ll be there with the #21 Thunderbird, which hasn’t moved since it won B in 2017. Looking forward to finally racing again and the new surface!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Ooohhh.  Some subtle smack from gtopat at interceptor motorsports.

Look at Mr.  "I havent driven it since it won.  Let me just get these spare parts off the car cover...  Did i say parts?  I meant trophy."

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

7 (edited by 96Formula6spd 2020-07-26 07:50 PM)

Bunch of Idiots
1990 Mazda Miata

Coming to play in the full 24. Worked on getting the last little things done this weekend. Just one more work weekend and do the alignment and its ready to rock and roll.

Hanging out with a four? other teams as well. We all took a row of 30 amp service on spectator hill. So should be a good time.

Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Integra

We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the new surface at CMP!  This might just be the first time in history that we make it through more than 7 hours with the LF tire.  Less tire $$$, yaaaaayyyy re-pave!

Captain
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Terminally Confused will be there with the #571 DelSol.

gtopat: Its just not kind to rub in the B win, but I'll be sure to whisper in the judges ear about the clearly A-class Thunderbird...

We were awfully close to not stepping on our dicks for an overall at the last 24, but I see some much bigger dogs are coming out to play.  We'll be happy to play in class B.  I've driven the #93 MX-3, and can tell you: it isn't the car that is winning races...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

10 (edited by gtopat 2020-07-28 09:47 AM)

solman244 wrote:

gtopat: Its just not kind to rub in the B win, but I'll be sure to whisper in the judges ear about the clearly A-class Thunderbird...

We were awfully close to not stepping on our dicks for an overall at the last 24, but I see some much bigger dogs are coming out to play.  We'll be happy to play in class B.  I've driven the #93 MX-3, and can tell you: it isn't the car that is winning races...

Those last few hours with 3PM Chris in the blue 571 chasing us down was some of the most stressy yet fun racing I've ever experienced.

The inevitable promotion is what got the car put in cold storage. Class A car, class C drivers, but it seem appropriate to bring it back for our first ever 24. It munched its electric fuel pump while parked the last three(!) years, but I dropped in a new one, it fired right up and I took it on a 120mi road trip yesterday.

Still excited to see everyone again, even if from a distance. Have we heard any rumors on the block party? I'm not optimistic on that front...

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Nothing official, but it doesnt look good

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

From the schedule page....

"Friday, 11 September 2020
Noon-4:30pm: Mandatory Lemons Tech Inspection
TBD: Downtown Camden BS Judging / Block Party / Racecar Parade (Block Party is still pending due to possible gathering restrictions--stay tuned)"

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

solman244 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing you Craig!  And all of our Lemons friends!

www.e3storage.com

14 (edited by VKZ24 2020-08-03 07:01 AM)

I'm still wondering what the pit situation will be?  Hot pits (typical at CMP) vs. Paddock pits (social distancing?).  I can see an argument for each screnario, and I can work around both, but I'd surely like to know which one to plan for ahead of time.  I know the situation is still fluid with the Covid stuff, so HQ themselves may not even know right now.

Captain

I wish we could've come down to the race this year. The travel/quarantine restrictions affected too many of our racers to make it down. We will try for next year though.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

FYI, here's a video taken at the ribbon cutting ceremony after the recent repave.  Not sure of the camera car, but it looks like someone's grandmother is driving on her way to church. wink

Captain

The Van Buren boys will be there with the horribly slow Subaru with 200,000 + miles on it.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Schumacher Taxi Service
#188 Ford Rustang 

One of our drivers is doing stints here AND ALSO High Plains Raceway.   Two 24 hour races in one day, so we have that going for us.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

Schumacher Taxi Service
#188 Ford Rustang 

One of our drivers is doing stints here AND ALSO High Plains Raceway.   Two 24 hour races in one day, so we have that going for against us.

Fixed that for you (-:

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

We'll be there in our '73 Super! Beetle, #57

I'm sure it will be fine...

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

It looks like we are going to be there.  We’re bringing Hamsa’s e36, #132, for its first race in over a year.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

The shakedown at Road Atlanta yesterday at the Just Track It event was a success!  Getting excited!

www.e3storage.com

yodogg wrote:

We'll be there in our '73 Super! Beetle, #57

I'm sure it will be fine...

I like to think of “fine” as a four letter word that begins with F. That sums up our expectations going in, too.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Red Ace Racing #322
Mitsubishi Lancer OZ
Rolling down from Illinois for 33% more punishment than a "normal" race!
Also, can we please not plow into multiple tire walls this year?

25 (edited by bobnowoc 2020-08-24 07:06 PM)

Well,  that makes at least 12 cars in our unofficial roll call

I wonder how many really signed up.

The Thompson race had 83!

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo