1 (edited by Xadiant 2020-08-11 11:09 PM)

Topic: Just picked up our future Lemons car - The Sorority Girl

https://i.ibb.co/s1dYnsy/Screenshot-20200812-000000-2.png

The catchy phrases like "sassy" distracted us from the missing second gear, but we figured we ain't need it because we will be going really fast the whole time.  It's also called the Paseo, which is a pretty funny name from a Japanese company.

I'm posting from the side of the highway on the way back home as my girlfriend freaks out over the charging system slowly degrading.

Ready to DOMINATE

Re: Just picked up our future Lemons car - The Sorority Girl

We stopped one more time on the side of the highway because the transmission had a lot of extra steam it needed to let out.  After cooling down it seemed to like 4th gear at 45mph better. Made it the rest of the way home and 2nd gear started working again.

Manual swap shouldn't be too difficult, the Paseo shares a lot of tech with the Tercel and Corrola.

We actually wanted the tercel first, but lost out on the bidding war.  This is a manual and some people swap this engine into the tercel, so that seems promising.

Last owner most have put 30k miles on it (one mile drives at a time so it didn't get hot) with not one drop off fluid in trans.

Ordered a cover for it so we can start tearing it down. (It's rain season in Florida)

https://i.ibb.co/q9PrRGh/IMG-20200812-122054.jpg

6 (edited by crappyturd 2020-08-13 08:21 PM)

I'm the other poor SOB that got roped into this turd. Gotta say, I love this thing and I haven't even seen it in person yet. Perks of work making me live half a Florida away. Anyway, this thing is asking to stunt hard at its first event. To be honest tho, about the only thing we kinda know what we're doing with is working on a shit box. My shit box fleet includes 3 1960 F-100's that don't run and 1/2 a working motor. Yea, I'm kinda dumb. Looking forward to the Lemon's race we choose, no clue which one yet. The Sorority Girl is gonna be the spunk of the race. Yes....That's dirty.

Also, if anyone wants to sell us a trans I can rustle up some funds. Last count I had two bandaids, and half a can of old Copenhagen Mint that's been in the tool box for 5 months.

Turdcels here (second year of running a Tercel). Email me, we have a parts car if  you guys need anything or have questions

brm2992 @ gmail.com 

(no spaces)

Sweet!!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Oh, baby! Totally underrepresented car in Lemons. Might even be the first second-gen Paseo, not that it's much different from the first-gen one. The Hasselhoffs' Paseo ran like a glove for years, usually was sniffing around the Top 25 in the huge California races with all of 90 horsepower.

Domination awaits.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

https://i.ibb.co/2S3K4Xt/PXL-20201005-013057751-MP.jpg

Got that engine out of there and slapping on a junkyard pull transmission.  Good this we went down this route... Every bolt on this engine was just finger tight.  Also got the hp bonus for ac and power steering delete.

Where in FL are you guys? I'm up in Pensacola and racing with some friends down in the Ocala area.

Starions&Saabs wrote:

Where in FL are you guys? I'm up in Pensacola and racing with some friends down in the Ocala area.

The car and me are in the Melbourne area, most of the rest of the teams happens to be in Pensacola.

Also because of your name it needs to be said: I keep getting really close to pulling the trigger on some decrepit Saabs.

I've had a 2001 9-3 Viggen (Stock), have 2000 9-5 Aero wagon with a bunch of mods, and a slightly modded 2007 9-5 for daily duty. They are great. One day I'd like to get an old 99 or 900. We are shooting for the Atlanta race in December and there is one in Birmingham in February that's pretty tempting. Good luck to you guys.