Topic: fitting into larger seat

A couple buddies and I will be entering our 1st Lemons race in Loudon next month.
We have picked up a 91 Jetta that has raced in Loudon and Thompson quite a few times, so we feel the car is a good choice.
Our biggest problem now is, one of my buddies is larger, and the other is smaller than me. We went with a Kirkey seat to fits the larger buddy quite well, but me and and especially the smaller buddy flop around in the seat.

I've learned there's a product called EZ Sert by Butler Built Seats where a chemical is poured into a bag while the driver sits in the seat. It certainly appears to be a safe way to go, but was shocked at the price---$300! That's more than the price of the seat!

Despite the shock, I am willing to fork up the dough, but b4 I do, are there any other products or methods that are safe for making a smaller seat inside a larger one?

1991 VW Jetta #38 - cuz Whoopie Pie!

Re: fitting into larger seat

MIght check the interwebs for a How-to or 2

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Here's a recent thread on the subject.

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=39267

Thanks guys!
From your links, I was able to do more research and also found a supplier of polyurethane foam sort of local.
Guess I know what I'm doing a couple weekends from now.... lol

Be careful of expanding foam.  Only certain types do not produce heat as it expands.  People have gotten burnt fitting out seats with the wrong foam.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

I'm a bigger guy and the other guys on the team use heavy furniture foam to fill out the side seat bolsters.  Just a couple of strips along the sides works.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

I'm a bigger guy and the other guys on the team use heavy furniture foam to fill out the side seat bolsters.  Just a couple of strips along the sides works.

I have seen this done at a few tracks. We are lucky, we are all about 6'1"-6'2" 185-195lbs. So our seat stays put. I will say this, depending on body structure it is easier to take 20lbs off of a person than the car.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Try this seat below from Kirkey.   Larger ones come in 18.5" or 20" wide.  $180 + cover for seat.

https://www.kirkeyracing.com/category/S … reet-Drag-

We went that route and are using pads like the ones below cut down for side extra support smaller drivers.  Not the cheapest at $60 for a 16" x 36" x 1" sheet but you can custom shape it into multiple pieces as needed for bottom, back or side supports.   High density foam that meets SFI 45.2 specs and is approved at multiple levels of racing.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produ … gI12vD_BwE

Multiple Entries - Best Finish CMP Fall 2017 - 9th Overall - 1993 BMW 325
Lemons cars: 1983 VW Rabbit, 1993 BMW 325, 1988 BMW 325e

Again, thanks for the tips guys smile
As stated, was able to get expandable polyurethane sort of local, and made 2 seat inserts from it.
Only real issue was we could have done better if we had larger bags (we used 55 gallon trash bags).
Even so, with a couple "pours" on each insert, we got what we wanted smile

Still have more stuff if anyone in NH needs to make one.