Topic: ButtonTurrible!

Pandemic,Business Income way down, Heatwave, Fires & Worst Air Quality Ever! But Finally a Ray of Sunshine in California and it's aptly named Button Turrible! While the usual LeMon's social aspect will be missing, due to Social Distance requirements, I am sure that keeping drivers 6ft apart will still allow for a little unwanted "Rubbin" on the track. So who will we be distancing from at the first, usually least attended, California Lemons race of 2020?

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Re: ButtonTurrible!

Ran When Parked/Panting Polar Bears will be there...with the Ugly Brown Camero and the LSOmega...
Look for us in garage #8.....socially distanced,of course.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Whale Wars Racing is in. Looking forward to begging you for obscure tools from six feet away!

4 (edited by gus 2020-09-12 12:55 PM)

Almost Average Autosports will be there with the blue MINI Cooper. We'll be in garage 15 if anyone wants to drop by, we can shout at each other through our masks from 6ft away.

Looks like there's 108 cars registered right now, so the actual turn-out will probably. be a bit under 100.

5 (edited by aventari 2020-09-13 10:35 PM)

We will be there in the Takata Accord! Can't wait to see all you fools and get back to racing smile

http://i.imgur.com/59tNPdpl.jpg

New lexan windows will ensure DOMINATION

Takata R&D :: 1993 Accord - team captain - rear drum brakes lol
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - co-captain

AFM will be there, advancing our politicized-but-not-polarizing Safety Third agenda, with two cars--the venerable Kim Jong Elantra and the new kid, The John Playa Special.

BTW, is there an entry list available somewhere?

--Bill

gus wrote:

Looks like there's 108 cars registered right now, so the actual turn-out will probably. be a bit under 100.

Where do you find the entry list?

—bb

8 (edited by gus 2020-09-17 11:07 PM)

billy bee wrote:

—bb

There’s no list (yet), but if you look at all the car numbers that are left in your entry, you can figure out how many cars are entered.

Now that the database is closed maybe we’ll get an official entry list?

gus wrote:
billy bee wrote:

—bb

There’s no list (yet), but if you look at all the car numbers that are left in your entry, you can figure out how many cars are entered.

Now that the database is closed maybe we’ll get an official entry list?

https://media.tenor.com/images/41a6e6e75e1d6d5fe9e9b4b8d0113f01/tenor.gif

Oh, hi Mark.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

When one of you all blow up, I've got a tech-ready* (needs driver belt with good dates) non-turbo subaru wagon I can sell you to salvage your weekend.  It's street legal and recently smogged and with a fresh clutch. I won't be participating this time around myself, but you might be able to convince me to deliver it to the track...

https://images.craigslist.org/00q0q_1oPvSfZ5Ji6_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

First time at Buttonwillow. We have an RV spot rented from the track. Is there enough space in the RV spots to put an RV, our car trailer and have a paddock spot with 10ft spacing for covid?

wesclarkgray wrote:

First time at Buttonwillow. We have an RV spot rented from the track. Is there enough space in the RV spots to put an RV, our car trailer and have a paddock spot with 10ft spacing for covid?

The RV spots are pretty spacious although not sure all of them are well situated to have the trailer still hooked to the RV.  I dont think you'll have an issue with the 10ft requirement.  What I dont know is if people fuel their cars out there, its mostly gravel.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

wesclarkgray wrote:

I don't think the RV spaces are spread out that far. But it may depend on how many of the RV sites are taken. I doubt you will have a problem, unless the track says you are taking up too much space.

We will have an RV in one of the sites and will be paddocked elsewhere. Not ideal, but the RV sites are at the opposite end of the paddock from  pit in/out. If you are not competitive and don't really care, that's fine. We won't be competitive, but we like to be closer to pit in/out.

--bb

wesclarkgray wrote:

If you don't need the trailer during the race, most people just park them somewhere else in the paddock out of the way.  83 cars is a light count for Buttonwillow, there should be lots of space.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon