Topic: VW transmission transport from Gingerman / Cleveland to Birmingham

Looking for anyone who will be at Gingerman who is willing to transport a couple of VW 5 speed transmissions south after the race, or anyone interested in transporting them from the Cleveland area to - or towards - Birmingham.  Trying to avoid a 24 hour round trip to Cleveland, but can meet partway.  Compensation for your trouble in the form of gas money, beer, good Scotch, and/or good karma available.

Not urgent, it can wait if you're coming to Atlanta in Dec or Birmingham next Feb.

Also posting on the Facebook Crapcan Relay Service page.

Re: VW transmission transport from Gingerman / Cleveland to Birmingham

Where are they now?

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

3 (edited by Stan in Bham 2020-10-07 08:36 PM)

In / near Cleveland, OH.  Seller is headed to Gingerman, but just found out he's leaving in the morning so Gingerman pickup is probably not an option now.

4 (edited by majo 2020-10-07 10:00 PM)

I'm in Cleveland and I'm going to Gman, but my truck and trailer is already in Indiana ( long story ), so I can't transport to Gman ( if this was posted a day earlier I could've delivered it! ).  I do plan on going to Barber, as long as that race actually happens next year, and would be happy to help deliver it to Barber.

majo wrote:

I'm in Cleveland and I'm going to Gman, but my truck and trailer is already in Indiana ( long story ), so I can't transport to Gman ( if this was posted a day earlier I could've delivered it! ).  I do plan on going to Barber, as long as that race actually happens next year, and would be happy to help deliver it to Barber.

Majo,

The trannies are already in Cleveland, and the seller is going to Gman, but left this morning.

Interested in picking them up in Cleveland and bringing to Barber?  Be happy to pay in beer, Scotch, or any other favorite beverage.  Or provide snacks/water/Powerade/soft drinks for your team at the race since we're local here.

Stan

6 (edited by majo 2020-10-08 04:54 PM)

As long as my team is going to Barber, and the race happens, I should be able to help transport.

Let's chat after next year's schedule is released.

Transmission retrieved.