Topic: Teams still accepting new members?

During COVID, are teams still looking for/allowed to accept new drivers/wrenches? I’m a 17 year old and I wanted to see if I could shoot my shot at joining a team as a crew member, but I’ve read that I either need to
A: wait for the new season, as there’s not many races left for 2020.
or B: wait until teams are allowed to start accepting new crew due to the pandemic.
Are either of these true?

Re: Teams still accepting new members?

There are two forums here labelled "Drivers looking for teams" and "Teams looking for drivers"...

As long as the registration window for a race hasn't closed, teams can add crew and drivers to their registrations. Usually the windows close a few weeks before the race.

So your "B" point isn't true and I'm not sure where you read that teams can't add people due to COVID; Teams still accept new members up until the reg window closes, you just have to find one (see note about correct forum location above). Regarding your "A" point, that's totally up to you. There certainly are people that are taking the entire year off, but there's also enough people registering for the races to continue as long as they aren't cancelled.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Note that as a minor you'll need the parentals to sign a waiver https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/ … Waiver.pdf  but otherwise the points above are correct.  There is no ban on new teammates (I brought on a newbie last month) and your only limitation is when the registration window closes.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

4 (edited by bobnowoc 2020-10-14 03:37 PM)

The answer A. was me.  I simply meant, try, but dont loose heart.  There are very few races left, and if you dont get on a team, try again next season.

I never said B.

Post on Wrenches looking for teams.
Read "teams looking for drivers" often

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

Sorry for any misunderstanding

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

cheseroo wrote:

Note that as a minor you'll need the parentals to sign a waiver https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/ … Waiver.pdf  but otherwise the points above are correct.  There is no ban on new teammates (I brought on a newbie last month) and your only limitation is when the registration window closes.

And I am that newbie!!
Can't thank Rich enough for bring me on and teaching me the ropes! One of the best things I have done (don't tell the wife)

2002 The Jag...War of X-Dependence - Class C winner Sear21