Topic: Road Atlanta Friday Testing?

Simple question, anyone know the schedule?  I e-mailed Road Atlanta, and they told me that Lemons handles it.  That doesn't seem right, but, I figured I'd verify first.  Who knows the deal?  I think I'm the only member of my team who has even done RA on an ancient sim game, so I think some practice on turns 10-12 would be good so we don't make a mess of things during the race.

Semi-Sentient Centenarians
1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

Re: Road Atlanta Friday Testing?

I called road atlanta.  They are not doing an event on Friday.

Email nic, eric or jay and ask them.
Last i heard, there is no practice on friday.

Y.m.m.v

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

Worker buddy at Road Atlanta says they are scheduled to work. So not sure if there is a test day or not.

I hope he is right.

When i called road atlanta, and emailed Lemons hq a month and a half ago, the answer was no.

I really hope i am wrong.

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

I just called Road Atlanta and a very confused worker said that Lemons is on the schedule for THREE days in a row, including Friday the 11th.

Sounds like testing is on?

*If this is the speed of how fast the south is going to rise again, there isn't much for us northerns to worry about.

The Pentastar whisperer

That does sound moderately encouraging - yes, on their official schedule, there isn't anything else on the calendar for Friday 11Dec except Lemons.  Is it strange they would have corner workers just for a standard practice session though? 

Someone, somehere, MUST know an answer.

1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

Lemons does indeed handle testing on Friday.  From the onset, Atlanta said they won't be doing it, so Jay has rented the track to allow us some track time.  You will get more info when the weekend schedule is posted, I'm sure.

KenKotyk wrote:

Lemons does indeed handle testing on Friday.  From the onset, Atlanta said they won't be doing it, so Jay has rented the track to allow us some track time.  You will get more info when the weekend schedule is posted, I'm sure.

That's good!  At least there's something.  The weekend schedule has been out for a little while now (the race is barely a month away), but no mention of the Friday practice schedule.  Under Friday it just says "TBA: Optional Track Testing".  We've got an extra person coming to do Crew, and I was hoping to get them a little time to drive the car on Friday.  I know since it's usually (at other locations) run by the track (or another non-LeMons organization) they don't have to be registered to drive for the race or have a yearly license, but, since Lemons is putting it on, I wonder if those will be requirements.

mthew_m wrote:
KenKotyk wrote:

That's good!  At least there's something.  The weekend schedule has been out for a little while now (the race is barely a month away), but no mention of the Friday practice schedule.  Under Friday it just says "TBA: Optional Track Testing".  We've got an extra person coming to do Crew, and I was hoping to get them a little time to drive the car on Friday.  I know since it's usually (at other locations) run by the track (or another non-LeMons organization) they don't have to be registered to drive for the race or have a yearly license, but, since Lemons is putting it on, I wonder if those will be requirements.

It's not likely a non-driver will be able to get on track during the test day.
If memory serves, full gear and a driver wrist band were required the last few times we did this. You might want to email Lemons HQ for verification.

KenKotyk wrote:
mthew_m wrote:
KenKotyk wrote:

It's not likely a non-driver will be able to get on track during the test day.
If memory serves, full gear and a driver wrist band were required the last few times we did this. You might want to email Lemons HQ for verification.

Check with Lemons. It seems that if Lemons runs the practice day, drivers usually/always have to be registered for the race.  If the track runs the practice day, it varies by track.

Hey all, we will indeed host testing; Road Atlanta is the only place we hold our own Test Day. We're getting our ducks in a row for the final couple races of the year and will have more info on who can drive, etc. next week once we get done with MSR and get a day or two to recover.

Thanks for your patience with us this season; having to reconfigure every race on the calendar from June has been a huge task. Be sure to thank Kim, Nick, and Lisa when you see them. They've put in the lion's share of the work while I've slacked in the way that only I can.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Hey all, we will indeed host testing; Road Atlanta is the only place we hold our own Test Day. We're getting our ducks in a row for the final couple races of the year and will have more info on who can drive, etc. next week once we get done with MSR and get a day or two to recover.

That works for me, thank you! 

therood wrote:

Thanks for your patience with us this season; having to reconfigure every race on the calendar from June has been a huge task. Be sure to thank Kim, Nick, and Lisa when you see them. They've put in the lion's share of the work while I've slacked in the way that only I can.

We should definitely do something for Kim.  Maybe we could name a race after her!  But, what would we call it???  /sarcasm.  But no, we really appreciate everything ya'll do, just thrilled we were actually able to get a few races in this year.  Thanks (to everyone) for making it happen!