Topic: Anyone try the Falken Azenis RT660 yet?

Anyone try the Falken Azenis RT660 yet?  I'm curious what the experiences have been in wear and performance, especially compared to the venerable RT615K.

Multiple Entries - Best Finish CMP Fall 2017 - 9th Overall - 1993 BMW 325
Lemons cars: 1983 VW Rabbit, 1993 BMW 325, 1988 BMW 325e

Re: Anyone try the Falken Azenis RT660 yet?

I've been using a set for autocross and street driving.  They are by no means an endurance tire, they would never be able to handle the heat. 

The RT660 is aimed at being a RE-71r competitor and wears similarly.  I have hot tears from autocross on sealed asphalt.  It's a solid autocross, and perhaps time attack tire, but I don't think they would last very long at all on an endurance car.

My pitstall neighbors had them on their spec 46 at limerock AER   I asked if they like them,  They said yes,  almost as sharp as re71 but more consistent throughout the tread and lasted an 8 hour day on an all right turn track.  Dont think it would be as lemon friendly as one day is probably what you'll get on small tires.   if you go big they may last.

959 Toyota Tercel   6x Lemons loser

New England Area roll cages send me an email I'm in Central MA

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be running 205/50/15's on a 325e E30.   Probably around 2,400 lbs total weight.  Might be worth a try but with a full backup of Toyos or another brand

Multiple Entries - Best Finish CMP Fall 2017 - 9th Overall - 1993 BMW 325
Lemons cars: 1983 VW Rabbit, 1993 BMW 325, 1988 BMW 325e

threw a pair on the front of my c5 for a DE.  Liked them alot.  Almost 200 track miles and they look great, even with literally zero camber.  Performed well, especially when you consider i used maybe 75% of the tread width in the tight corners.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!