Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

Excited to see NCM back on the menu. That was a fun track, and very safe with all the runoff. I really appreciated that when the Dart didn't have brakes for the last two laps in 2017.

I didn't notice CMP was missing. That really sucks. Fun track with fun traditions.

Gulf region race in March is also TBA... I wouldn't be surprised if NOLA wasn't turning a profit. If Spank's 4chan conspiracy is correct, I assume we ain't going back to ECR just yet either.

Hopefully 2021 is just a "rebuilding year" after all the COVID-related economic fuckery. Things will be back to normal in 2022, right? Right?

Command Pilot/Flight Director, Escape Velocity Racing
Index of Effluency, Heroic Fix, Class C Trophy, now hopelessly gunning for Class B.
Currently 1-2 vs. Team Fairlylame in the Class of 1964 Championships

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

"Um sure.  Nothing else bad happens in 2020 or 2021.  Yep.  All good"

Time traveling Bob from August 2023.
Post sent from my SkyNet

Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo
On MuchoMacho tires

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

SpaceFrank wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if NOLA wasn't turning a profit.

The number of cars running at NOLA the last couple of years has been 50-ish, so you could be right. I hope the "Gulf" race does turn out to be NOLA - we like racing there.  Also looking forward to trying NCM next year.

29 (edited by DirtyDuc 2020-10-27 11:28 PM)

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

I'm assuming the magic number is something like 75 cars for the next year.

Lemons folk seem to be good at not licking each other's eyeballs, and 75 sounds like a reasonable planning cutoff. Anything less than that car count probably isn't worth the risk.

It seems to me that there are "marketing" tracks that only pull 30-ish cars that are high-risk from a business perspective.

That guy

30 (edited by VKZ24 2020-10-28 12:09 PM)

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

SpaceFrank wrote:

Excited to see NCM back on the menu. That was a fun track, and very safe with all the runoff.

In enjoyed NCM  as well, but damn it was hot that weekend.  I didn't see any of the race that wasn't viewed from inside the car, because when I wasn't driving, I was in the garage in front of a fan.  The facilities were also kept nice and clean like Barber, which was nice.

I also remember that fustercluck of a test day on Friday where we had a meeting about the typical HPDE passing rules.  My first session out, the lead car was going like 40 MPH and wouldn't give anyone a point.  He had about 15-20 stacked up like a parade.  Finally myself, and I guess everyone behind me, said f*ck it, and just passed him anyway.  I was waiting for a BF to explain my reasoning, but it never came.

Another thing I remember was the lightning fast recovery crew.  I never passed the same disabled car more than one lap.  The flagging crew was the best I had ever seen as well with two workers at almost every station.

The only thing I didn't like about NCM was the tow and distance, but I'm pretty sure I can talk my guys into going back.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

VKZ24 wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

Excited to see NCM back on the menu. That was a fun track, and very safe with all the runoff.

In enjoyed NCM  as well, but damn it was hot that weekend.  I didn't see any of the race that wasn't viewed from inside the car, because when I wasn't driving, I was in the garage in front of a fan.  The facilities were also kept nice and clean like Barber, which was nice.

I also remember that fustercluck of a test day on Friday where we had a meeting about the typical HPDE passing rules.  My first session out, the lead car was going like 40 MPH and wouldn't give anyone a point.  He had about 15-20 stacked up like a parade.  Finally myself, and I guess everyone behind me, said f*ck it, and just passed him anyway.  I was waiting for a BF to explain my reasoning, but it never came.

Another thing I remember was the lightning fast recovery crew.  I never passed the same disabled car more than one lap.  The flagging crew was the best I had ever seen as well with two workers at almost every station.

The only thing I didn't like about NCM was the tow and distance, but 'm pretty sure I can talk my guys into going back.

I like the way Pitt did their test day. It was broken up into multiple sessions. One session was street cars and the other was Lemons cars.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleship
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

chaase wrote:

I like the way Pitt did their test day. It was broken up into multiple sessions. One session was street cars and the other was Lemons cars.


I actually hated that. We were trying to get all drivers out to see the track on friday, and it was a pain to try and schedule things so you hit your slot. Didn't help that we broke during session 1 and then had to scramble to fix and still line up with a testing slot. I much prefer when it's just one big open testing day, where it's only the Lemons teams. Once you start letting it be a general testing day for anyone that wants to show up things get messy.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Turbo Dodge Powered E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

33 (edited by chaase 2020-10-28 12:21 PM)

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

TheEngineer wrote:
chaase wrote:

I like the way Pitt did their test day. It was broken up into multiple sessions. One session was street cars and the other was Lemons cars.


I actually hated that. We were trying to get all drivers out to see the track on friday, and it was a pain to try and schedule things so you hit your slot. Didn't help that we broke during session 1 and then had to scramble to fix and still line up with a testing slot. I much prefer when it's just one big open testing day, where it's only the Lemons teams. Once you start letting it be a general testing day for anyone that wants to show up things get messy.

We did something sillier. We had a teammate that was familiar with the track takes us around in his "personal" car. We all got to see the track from the passenger seat. That poor car.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleship
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

Ah....no BIR.

Thats too bad, that track is a HOOT!!


That being said we will see yall at Gingerman and MAYBE Autobahn this year,  just have to see what the boys and girls want to do

Team Sucker Punch:Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

VKZ24 wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

Excited to see NCM back on the menu. That was a fun track, and very safe with all the runoff.

In enjoyed NCM  as well, but damn it was hot that weekend.  I didn't see any of the race that wasn't viewed from inside the car, because when I wasn't driving, I was in the garage in front of a fan.

Didn't matter much NCM isn't really a spectator track so you really can't see much of anything.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

DirtyDuc wrote:

It seems to me that there are "marketing" tracks that only pull 30-ish cars that are high-risk from a business perspective.

Jay was quoted at the Sebring race with 27 cars (terrible date, during July 4th weekend):  I could have purchased a very nice German luxury sedan with the loss on this event...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

solman244 wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:

It seems to me that there are "marketing" tracks that only pull 30-ish cars that are high-risk from a business perspective.

Jay was quoted at the Sebring race with 27 cars (terrible date, during July 4th weekend):  I could have purchased a very nice German luxury sedan with the loss on this event...

Yes, I think we all forget that there is an element of risk in promoting these events.  Chump took a 6 figure bath on their Indy race this year.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

KeiCarMike wrote:

Happy to see Pitt back on the schedule, disappointed to see Mid-Ohio isn't... Such a great track.

Unless there is a management change, there probably will never be a race at Mid-Ohio.  There was one on the schedule a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly, they told Jay there could only be a limit of 62 cars because that's all the hot pits could handle.  When he tried explaining that wouldn't be a problem and they wouldn't come off of their 62 car limit, Jay pulled the plug on the race.  Too bad.  Could have been a dandy weekend.

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

There were other issues too like re-grooming China Beach and turf and stuff.

The two things I'd love to see someday are the Full list of problems Mid-Ohio had, and Jay's full list of what needed fixed for them to come back to Nelson Ledges. Supposedly the new owners did get that list, but progress has been very slow since it's not their #1 project.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

No CMP at all.  CMP has been on the schedule every year since the 1st CMP race...

W. T. F. ? ? ?

Ric
Team - Goes Like Hell - '87 Shelby GLHS (Dodge Charger) #392

    Road Atlanta '18 - "Heroic Fix"

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

Boosted wrote:

No CMP at all.  CMP has been on the schedule every year since the 1st CMP race...

W. T. F. ? ? ?

WTF indeed.  I'm at least hoping we can get some sort of explanation by HQ.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

Anyone heard a reason for no CMP in 2021?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

VKZ24 wrote:

Anyone heard a reason for no CMP in 2021?

Inquiring minds want to know.
My son has been coming to CMP races for 11 years now with our team and is finally old enough to drive.... No CMP race next year would be a huge disappointment for him.

William
Team SOB

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

I could have sworn I saw CMP Fall last night on the schedule but now it's gone.  What happened to the CMP events?

Scott Barton
Duct Tape Motorsports - Like us on Facebook!
ProFormance Coaching - Like us on Facebook!

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

You may have seen it on the "other schedule" weekend of June 25-27.

46 (edited by bobnowoc 2021-01-24 07:15 PM)

Re: Annual "Schedule is out, but my race isn't on it" thread

You were at 2020 cmp page.
There is no 2021 cmp

Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo
On MuchoMacho tires