Topic: Driver/wrench for south suburbs of chicago

hey guys, my name is blue. been looking to start or join a team for years now but finally decided to work hard and try this year. i could drive or wrench and build a bunch or crap, im huge diy guy. i can weld, i have many tools and possibly a flat bed tow truck if need car to be towed to event. im located in south suburbs of chicago but willing to travel to other burbs if needed.

2 (edited by OnkelUdo 2021-02-24 04:59 AM)

Re: Driver/wrench for south suburbs of chicago

Welcome to the insanity.  We are Bad Decisions Racing and the name is not ironic.  We range across Chicagoland to Indy to honorary members in the Milwaukee suburbs.  Our primary build location is in Monee and our secondary base of operations (part out cars, store extra race cars, engines, transmissions, costumes, dogs, etc) in Lake Station, IN. https://www.facebook.com/BadDecisionsRacing  The team has brought a bunch of people into the sport and sprouted two new teams from our ill-advised choices.

Next build is likely the first weekend in March and it is a relatively light one so some time to talk.  We mostly have to finish wiring tidy on our"fast" car that is going to Pittrace in April, reassemble the steering and hopefully do a toe-only allignment.

We are always willing to welcome in new mechanics/crew and most of the time new drivers.  That said, outside of the '47 Plymouth we mostly build Class C or IoE cars so talking about what you want out of Lemons is a good idea.  The Dustbuster minivan (laugh, but do not underestimate it) is what we start new wheel-to-wheel drivers in most of the time and we will likely run it at Gingerman but the tree falling on it means it needs work too.  The flathead Camero is for the refined Lemons palate and it is getting some improvement for this year as well.  Our new 2022 build is...kinda for everyone and no one at the same time.

Let me know if this sounds interesting...and you can PM me or the reverse.

Don't listen to that guy ^^.  He's nuts, and he's responsible for Owen.

I'm always looking for team members too.  I have a 67 Fairlane and a 73 Sonnet and both need work.  I plan to run a full midwestern season this year but I may not be ready in time for Pittsburgh.  I have a full set of tools, trailer, tow vehicle and all the other crap we need to race.

My shop is in Joliet. I'm solidly class C with these two cars. 

PM me if you're interested.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot.

chadadams59 wrote:

I do not think anyone is responsible for Owen and that is potentially the issue...

chadadams59 wrote:

I'm always looking for team members too.  I have a 67 Fairlane and a 73 Sonnet and both need work.  I plan to run a full midwestern season this year but I may not be ready in time for Pittsburgh.  I have a full set of tools, trailer, tow vehicle and all the other crap we need to race.

My shop is in Joliet. I'm solidly class C with these two cars. 

PM me if you're interested.

Now that I've moved out to your neck of the woods I should stop by. I'd love to see the Fairlane again. Maybe get it together with Rambles this summer.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Any time, Albert.  I'm planning to be in the shop on Sunday.

I've lost a lot.

Hey @chadadams59

Are you ready for the re-theme of the Fairlane?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d7/e3/0b/d7e3 … 57c48b.jpg

As long as you have a decent compressor at your shop, I'll bring the rest...... and I gotta guy that can cut the vinyl.

And tell me more about this Sonnett!

Darren

Bad Mojo Racing
1971 Opel GT "Breadvan"
2012 - April Gingerman (Ercole Spada Award) and October AutoBahn (19th in Class B, 52nd OA )
2013 - April Gingerman (8th in Class B, 25th OA) and June AutoBahn (WINNER Class B, 9th OA)

Darren,
I'd LOVE to do a Long Brothers theme or the Holman Moody Andretti theme on the Fairlane.  I don't have that sort of skill.  I don't have a compressor but I'll buy one!

The Sonnet is a former Lemons car from the west coast.  I obtained it, not running, for free from Steve McMichael.  I have a spare engine and trans for it.  Generally, I just need to put it back together and theme it.  It probably also needs a little sheet metal work in the hatch area, but that's easy stuff.

I've lost a lot.

Chad -

I'd love to come check out both projects.... just say when and where.  This weekend is kinda iffy (family visiting) but next weekend is wide open.
Maybe the OP would like to come out too..... you said you need help wrenching, right?

Darren

Bad Mojo Racing
1971 Opel GT "Breadvan"
2012 - April Gingerman (Ercole Spada Award) and October AutoBahn (19th in Class B, 52nd OA )
2013 - April Gingerman (8th in Class B, 25th OA) and June AutoBahn (WINNER Class B, 9th OA)

I'll be in the garage on the 20th and 21st in the afternoon.  Do those days work for you?

I've lost a lot.

chadadams59 wrote:

Darren,
The Sonnet is a former Lemons car from the west coast.  I obtained it, not running, for free from Steve McMichael.  I have a spare engine and trans for it.  Generally, I just need to put it back together and theme it.  It probably also needs a little sheet metal work in the hatch area, but that's easy stuff.

FREE FROM ME!!!1! big_smile

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?