1 (edited by Stan in Bham 2021-02-21 05:16 PM)

Topic: Half-Fast Racing

Edit - we're full.

Re: Half-Fast Racing

Stan in Bham wrote:

Half-Fast Racing has a seat available for Barber.  It is in the slower 2nd car we just added (2001 Beetle with 2.0/auto); hoping for Class C.  Cost share is $850: $200 of that a refundable "PITA Insurance Fee".  In other words, a net cost of $650 if we get along well, you cheerfully pitch in for refuel and repairs, and in general you're not a PITA.

We will have 4 to 6 seats available for NOLA, as our 3rd car will be ready by then. Cost share will be about the same; expect a little higher if gas prices keep going up.

Fire sale on seats for Barber!!!  Now $25 each!!!

Just kidding, but we have seats for NOLA.

I'm a NOLA local.  Just found out that we have a race in March.   Have tools/ garage and am looking for a team to contribute to if you're still open.

Jimmy2021 wrote:

I'm a NOLA local.  Just found out that we have a race in March.   Have tools/ garage and am looking for a team to contribute to if you're still open.

Forum email sent.

Email replied.  Lmk if it went through.

i may be interested in driving for NOLA. I live NOLA and have done 2 Lemons races and many lapping days in variety of cars. Have fair amount of wrenching experience also.

schumithecat wrote:

i may be interested in driving for NOLA. I live NOLA and have done 2 Lemons races and many lapping days in variety of cars. Have fair amount of wrenching experience also.

If you can keep the Beetle on the track and avoid unwanted public mating attempts with other cars while on the track, we still have a seat open.

Send a forum email with a phone number and good time to call this weekend (Fri evening through Sunday evening).

Stan

HI Stan I am interested to drive @ NOLA . I have attended previously track day @ NOLA and HPDE at BMS.I also have family in BHam area so visit frequently, so i could possibly donate some wrench time in one of the weeks prior  and i live in Pensacola . 3 hours from NOLA .

42Powers wrote:

HI Stan I am interested to drive @ NOLA . I have attended previously track day @ NOLA and HPDE at BMS.I also have family in BHam area so visit frequently, so i could possibly donate some wrench time in one of the weeks prior  and i live in Pensacola . 3 hours from NOLA .

I'll send a PM.

Fantastic Team name!

El Capitan of Team Corky
94 Miata covered in cork as Mazda/Toyo Kogyo tribute

bigamonsta wrote:

Fantastic Team name!

Thanks! I chose it while forming the team and realizing the with a New Beetle we would be at a competitive disadvantage against the Mustangs and Beemers.

Our motto is "We're not real fast, we're just half-fast".  Of course, when you say it quickly the pun fits, too.

We're thinking of temporarily calling ourselves the Mexican Racing Team at NOLA, since we're running green, white, and red Beetles and they were made in Mexico.

Carreras Semirrápidas?

World record simca driver
1992 Suzuki Cappuccino: way too small to ever fit safety equipment for Lemons...
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

O.m.g. Stan
"motto is "We're not real fast, we're just half-fast".  Of course, when you say it quickly the pun fits, too."

I had to say it out loud to get the punchline. That's beautiful

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

KeiCarMike wrote:

Carreras Semirrápidas?

Maybe "Tortugas carrerras semirapidas".

bobnowoc wrote:

O.m.g. Stan
"motto is "We're not real fast, we're just half-fast".  Of course, when you say it quickly the pun fits, too."

I had to say it out loud to get the punchline. That's beautiful

Thanks, Bob.  With my warped sense of humor, I found the double meaning amusing.