Topic: Getting the request in early - Gingerman June race

Any teams looking ahead and have a vacancy?
I can wrench, have mechanical sympathy, and am not the slowest driver you’ve ever met.

I was planning on having my own car ready, but I’ve got so many other things to do in the next few months (replace deck, new fencing, and a bathroom re-model), I just need to acknowledge I’ll not have it ready and make other plans!

Let me know!

Re: Getting the request in early - Gingerman June race

Where are you located?  It’s usually best, especially for rookies, to find a local team so that you can meet and get to know each other better prior to the race.

I like the Gingerman track, and have friends up there who i like to stop in and see before/after the races, so looking more for an Arrive and Drive than getting with a local team to race a car that won’t be finished.

He's no rookie, just rookie to the forum.

Dave has PLENTY of experience wrenching on a car in the paddock that he's supposed to be driving. He deserves the opportunity to drive an entire weekend in a reasonably sorted, not slow car (but he can state his own preferences, I suppose). Definitely NOT a slow driver. DEFINITELY mechanically sympathetic. And ABSOLUTELY an asset to any team.

Does talk a little funny though. But that's probably because all the time he's spent in Kentucky.