1 (edited by Dudefladge 2021-03-27 05:37 AM)

Topic: Can car numbers be canted about 30*..?

So,... our theme is Off-Kilter... I want to cant our car numbers about 30* to the left.

I don’t see a specific rule against it, but don’t want to put them on and not pass tech.

For the roof number do most folks go by the NASCAR type rule and face them toward the left(driver/infield)?

I have good quality 12” black numbers on a white 15” round background.

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

2 (edited by OnkelUdo 2021-03-27 12:16 PM)

Re: Can car numbers be canted about 30*..?

You can cant them but be smart...make it bigger than the minimum and folow all the other rules (white on black or black on white).  The SPECIFIC non-written rule is can a 50+ gentleman in a flag stand 75' away read the numbers at 70 mph (the car, not the flag stand)?

For roof numbers, if the guy in the tower can read them, you are good.  All the towers at all the tracks we have been to (7?) the tower is outside the the track, not in the infield.

The SPECIFIC non-written rule is can a 50+ gentleman in a flag stand 75' away read the numbers at 70 mph.....

That is a fantastic answer

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

I dun it...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/923/W4D7VM.jpg

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

bobnowoc wrote:

The SPECIFIC non-written rule is can a 50+ gentleman in a flag stand 75' away read the numbers at 70 mph.....

That is a fantastic answer

over 50 here, my problem isn't what is 75' away, It is what is right in front of my face....thank gosh for reading glasses.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

For roof numbers, most seem to orient them inline with the car. Meaning bottom of number points towards nose, top of number points towards trunk. Not all tracks run the same direction or have the tower in the same place, so if you pick a side, you won't be making it easier for every track.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice