Topic: Corvette Challenge at NCM!!!

Team Sucker Punch is doing NCM his year.  Our trusty Corvette is going back to were it was made all the way back in 1983 (yes you read that right).

Corvettes are starting to become more and more a thing in Lemons so I think its time for our very own Corvette Challenge!  What better place to do it then in sight of the Corvette museum??  Its something we (my team) have talked about before so this year we are going to make it happen just a fun award to give back to Lemons a bit.

Here are the Details!

Were:

The NCM round of the 24 hours of Lemons on Sept: 24-26

Rules:

You have to compete ("compete") with a Corvette to be eligible to win.  What counts as a Corvette?  The factory body OR chassis is all you need to be in.  So did you buy a beater C3 and swap in a modern engine??  That works for me!   Did you bolt a 58 Buick body on a C4 vette cart you found on craigslist?  That's good enough for me!  Did you glue a C4 Corvette body on your EJ Civic to hide all the Skunk2 parts under said body??  I respect that!    Did you slap a C7 badge on your E30??    Yea no...try harder.

How do you win??

Most laps wins, no matter what class you end up in, but BS laps DO COUNT so don't show up with a ringer!

What can I win??

A prize package from us Team Sucker Punch worth over $100!   Which will include:

A Custom made trophy featuring actual Corvette parts
An issue of CORVETTE MAGAZINE specifically the issue with a certain Lemons car featured,  we can sign it if you like.
A 4 pack of Sprecher home town brew, its what we use for a bribe, the judges will tell you just how good it is!
A timeout kid for when you show your vette at a car show, assuming you don't already have one.
Aviator sunglasses, Pug brand...found in our C4 when we first got it.

And more!!  All depends on how well my spring cleaning goes in my garage!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Re: Corvette Challenge at NCM!!!

In for Vette Challenge. Ours will have earth-shaking 100hp, we'll totally dominate.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

In for Vette Challenge. Ours will have earth-shaking 100hp, we'll totally dominate.

Sweet!!   Don't just show up bring it ;-)

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015

The only thing I have is a c5.  Not quite ready for Lemons budget, but I'm working on it

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Almost...ALMOST done with the trophy for the Corvette Challenge.  We got some more donations to the prize package more details to come.

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aJV4qFx66ft6.jpg

Currently registered: Five Corvettes and a diesel Chevette.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

7 (edited by chaase 2021-07-02 07:43 AM)

therood wrote:

Five Corvettes in one race. let me guess 4 4th generation and 1 scary 3rd generation?

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

therood wrote:

Sweet!   The crossfire has left the building on our C4.   Don't worry though....not only did we keep it lemony but...Team Sucker Punch is not eligible to win the Corvette challenge.  Mostly because, time out kids are creepy and I don't want to take it home with us.

We might drink the Sprecher if we do win though, so if you guys want the sweet taste of victory/sprecher gotta bring it ;-)