Topic: 1985 Mazda RX7 - $3500-Houston/Angleton

We ran about a dozen races and had a lot of fun with this car between 2010 and 2019....now we need to make room in the garage for a new toy. $3500 gets the car and 10 years worth of accumulated goodies...I mean "safety equipment ":)

Swapped out the old rotary engine for a small block ford....comes with a spare engine
T-5 Transmission
Fuel Cell
Full Roll Cage
Custom Front Brakes
2 Sets of custom wheels and tires
spare rear axle

Car is in Angleton just a few miles from the MSR Track

Pics on request:

2 (edited by rreal98 2021-04-17 01:53 PM)

Re: 1985 Mazda RX7 - $3500-Houston/Angleton

Good afternoon,
Me and my buddy are wanting to get into Lemons racing and we are interested in your car. I live close to San Antonio and he lives in Austin.

Is it running now? Last time it started? the gas good and/or if fuel system flushed?
Does it have front windshield, defrost work?
What kind of suspension?
How old is clutch in Tmission?
Any major problems?

Thank you very much,
RReal

RReal,

The car does run but will not idle...probably needs the carb rebuilt...has not been raced since the November 2019 race in Houston(MSR)
It has been tinkered with periodically since then....we fired it up a few weeks ago....but as noted...it won't idle.

Fuel system was drained...but refueled before we posted this.

Clutch was new before last race(11/2019)

There is a windshield, no defrost

No major problems...it's a light car with V8 torque and HP...she can hang with just about anybody in  a straight and the upgraded front brakes give you the confidence to go hard into the curves if you have the balls...

No top ten finishes or anything...we kind of suck as drivers smile...and we never really tried...we just had fun with a few hours of wheel to wheel track time each race.

Hi Anderson 62 i am interested in your car can you send me some photos please. to howfitzner@yahoo.com howard fitzner 9707788844