Topic: Who’s going to Sebring?

The Old Dudes and the 1965 Ranchero will be there!

Re: Who’s going to Sebring?

Looks like we’re going to have a great weekend.  No traffic and an open track.  I know we’re not the only one going.

Off-Kilter Racing with our ‘62 Valiant with a Slant Six (hopefully not Sux) is planning to be there.

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Semi-Sentient Centenarians will be there with our lovely Buick Century.

Semi-Sentient Centenarians
1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

We're looking forward to it, except for the haul from OK/TX. I had some fun chasing the Ranchero at Barber a few years ago, and hope to do the same (or better) again!

Plain Jane '86 BMW 535i - Current
RIP People's Elbowed Protege - 2010

I chased the Ranchero at Barber a few years ago too... but then they put a less lemony motor in it... I couldn’t keep up after that. LOL

Off-Kilter Racing

7 (edited by Spank 2021-04-19 09:24 AM)

I was planning on going, but I've had to pull the plug. While one driver isn't too disappointed, the other driver of mine has already paid for her flights and her hotel stay.

Anyone able to help me out of a bind and allow me to feel like slightly less of a d-bag for having to pull out?

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=39927

EVR will be there with the Turbo Dart, hopefully with more boost and better cooling. Wondering how many spare engine parts we should bring.

Sputnik and NSF will be there. With a van and Sebring, naturally.

K Car Stalker

Spank wrote:

I was planning on going, but I've had to pull the plug. While one driver isn't too disappointed, the other driver of mine has already paid for her flights and her hotel stay.

Anyone able to help me out of a bind and allow me to feel like slightly less of a d-bag for having to pull out?

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=39927

We don't really have a need for another driver, but, happy to add her to my driver roster if it gets close to database lock.  She is planning to come regardless, right?  I mean, she's already paid.  Surely we could make her a sign to the effect of 'I'm a Mom, it's Mother's Day Weekend, I came all the way from California, I need a seat!' that would be quite effective in finding a place for a butt to sit.

Semi-Sentient Centenarians
1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

11 (edited by Team Infinniti 2021-04-20 11:01 AM)

A few months ago there were epic plans to borrow, yes borrow, a random Sebring from a sponsoring pick and pull yard, prep, race and return back to the scrap heap, where it was intended.   With the blessings of the yard, we already had 2 identical cars picked and set aside!
   Unfortunately, at that same moment, the universe intervened with a new lease for our 20 year HQ,  a wallet busting 3x $$$ rent increase was announced, we were not only forced to cancel that plan, but to scramble, scrap 15+ cars,dozens of engines/stuff squirreled away over those 20 yrs, and move.

But that was the plan and have video proof.  https://youtu.be/ja7gv0r9d2c

Being that Sebring is local to us, we could not quietly stand by.

Back in the day, a Tx team built and ran a black Infiniti j30 as "Swine Flew", it has been traded, moved to Fl. to complement our primary, other series, douchy "real" racecar. (seen replacing the transmission during the Humid TT)  The former Lemon from Tx.,now  renamed Sharky 2 aka Baby Shark,has been playing in Fl for a few races, it was the easiest path forward in this tough situation.

https://youtu.be/DCawG-ODfNQ

It will be @ Sebring.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

mthew_m wrote:

]

We don't really have a need for another driver, but, happy to add her to my driver roster if it gets close to database lock.  She is planning to come regardless, right?  I mean, she's already paid.  Surely we could make her a sign to the effect of 'I'm a Mom, it's Mother's Day Weekend, I came all the way from California, I need a seat!' that would be quite effective in finding a place for a butt to sit.

Thanks for the offer. Found her a ride. Y'all have fun!

firegremlin wrote:

Please tell me it's the SAME sebring from 2014, that has been slowly rotting in Bob's yard.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I'll be there with Team Lee Ho Fooks.

I somehow convinced my wife that we should postpone our 15 anniversary until Sebring so I could attend Pitt race last weekend.  It wasn't a hard sell to convince a woman than a vacation in FL is better than one in PA.  smile

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Guildenstern wrote:
firegremlin wrote:

Please tell me it's the SAME sebring from 2014, that has been slowly rotting in Bob's yard.

Nope, new and improved! The original one got crushed by a tank some time ago.

K Car Stalker

ohhhh yea......

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

We're bringing our73 VW Superbeetle.
Should  be a blast.
Anywhere I can find the number of entries?
I don't  see it listed anywhere.

60 cars. Entry list and tech assignments in yon topic: https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … pid=342018

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

WOW! that's like TWICE last time!

Guildenstern wrote:

WOW! that's like TWICE last time!

More than twice.  24 cars the first time, if I recall correctly.  It was victim to being scheduled on July 4th weekend.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Sebring is a bucket list thing for Pig Pen, so we are glad it's back.

Off-Kilter Racing

22 (edited by Team Infinniti 2021-04-30 07:17 PM)

\

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Atlas Welding will be there-IF-Racing beat gets our computer back in time.

[Scribbles notes: "Look for cheaty reflashed RX-8 ECU"]

Gotta say the quiet part quietly next time.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

[Scribbles notes: "Look for cheaty reflashed RX-8 ECU"]

Gotta say the quiet part quietly next time.

Methinks you don't need to worry much there.  On a stock engine it adds about 5hp and negligible torque.  On a ported engine with headers/ignition/exhaust it adds about 30hp to near 250hp but torque is still 160ish.  Plus you gotta spend all your time about 8000 RPM to get that.   If they run a stock fuel tank (16 gal), those boys will have plenty of opportunity to get pit speeding tickets.  Sorta like an E46 with big block Chevy fuel consumption and no torque. 

Domination awaits.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)