Topic: Mixed tires?

Trying to get ready for our firs race with a Dodge Neon with a 2.0L engine. The costs are adding up (not unexpected). I have seen forum advice to have 6 mounted tires available for a race weekend. Currently planning on using Falken Azenis RT615K+.
Would it be feasible to use 4 of the Falken tires and a backup of 2 regular tires? My thoughts were if something happened to one of the 4 tires then use the Falken tire for the front and the regular tires on the rear. With the front wheel drive would that make the car too unbalance to drive effectively. I don’t believe anyone on our team will be pushing too much other than myself and I WON’T do anything stupid.
Thank you in advance.

Re: Mixed tires?

I agree with having mounted spares ready to go. No fun chasing parts (or tires) when you could be out driving. I think the car will handle like crap with RT615's out front and some janky street tire on the rear. When I was running Neons, I tried BFG Comp T/A R1's--195's on the front; 185's on the back. Mistake. Even a couple of good used Falkens. Depending on the size you need, you may be able to score a couple of usable rears from another team. Lots of Lemons teams use them.

--bb

Consider the RS4 over the 615K+. They last a lot longer and have 95% the same grip. 615K+ last a single weekend for us, but we've been able to do 2 weekends on a set of RS4s. Your mileage will vary because weight/setup/driver differences, but overall you'll get a lot more use out of the RS4.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I'd think you would want 4 of the same tire on the car... we have a full extra set. Our old tires are the spare set.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Even if you find used ones, get something comparable.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Thank You!

I have ordered 6 tires