Re: Am I dong this? Well...

ratroaster wrote:

Well...it's been a long road thus far.  Got amped , had team.  Bought car.  Team bailed, err 2x bailed, one said "maybe next year".  Put car back up for sale (I'm sure it's been seen on craig's)...then went to dinner with #2 who said "maybe next year" and talked through a plan.  I SOOOOOOOOO wanted to be ready for Sept in CO, but not likely.  However, after talking with #2 I think we have a plan.  Contract first, money second.  #2 has some potential team mates.  So this is where we are.  Car off the market and moving forward.  Can't think this is anything but NORMAL when it come to Lemons.  BTW - Team Name decided!!  It's rather good IMHO.  2022 Lemons!!  It's all I have at this point.

I will say it over and over...building the car is "easy", people are hard.

Almost no team believes us when we say, start with 6 teammates and hope to have two by the time that first checkered flag waves.  This is huge investment in time and money for no financial reward (like most hobbies) the likes of which few folks grasp until they are 6-12 months into it.

Stay the course...its worth it in the end.

Yup, before I got to the bottom of page 1, I had a feeling you'd be back to just you. 

Don't worry, it happens to almost everyione in Lemons.  My team was together.  Then, my brother went on the road for 3 years, driver #3 left to run a grand am team, and #4 had a pole skewer his leg ibn a fork lift aciident.

I found new friends.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Yes, the guy who clued me into the existence of the 24 HoL and talked me into it lasted 1 race.  Still here 13? years later.  As Chief Dan George said in Outlaw Josey Wales, "Endeavor to Persevere"

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

Yes, the guy who clued me into the existence of the 24 HoL and talked me into it lasted 1 race.  Still here 13? years later.  As Chief Dan George said in Outlaw Josey Wales, "Endeavor to Persevere"

You _do_ remember what happened next in the story his character was relating, don't you?

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

You _do_ remember what happened next in the story his character was relating, don't you?

Well, it DID inspire them to do something that ended up being kinda dumb didn't it?

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Well(!), ... ..., yes.

cheseroo wrote:
Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

Well, it DID inspire them to do something that ended up being kinda dumb didn't it?

Lemons in a nutshell.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater