Topic: Sway Bar for Cordoba

I got my 78 cordoba ( #77 Valve tap Racing) to survive a full race. I am next trying to get her to turn slightly better.
It has factory sway bars front and back. The front bar is about  1" ( mabey 15/16th) .. I am looking to upgrade the front.  Addco make a 1 1/8th bar that will fit but they are 4 months out in production. Has anybody purchased some of the universal fit sway bar kits that are sold for drag or dirt track cars. Some of them are pretty cheap. Also I have a Parts Car cordoba with the same bar . Any way to  " add " this one to the existing one? ( mabey weld or bolt on a section of it?)

As alway thanks in advanve for your help.

Cordoba

Re: Sway Bar for Cordoba

We had luck going through the pick and pull and looking at SUV and small truck sway bars.  We found an s10 blazer bar that fit our LUV mounting points damn near perfect.  Not sure how applicable that is to you but it might not hurt looking for a first gen Dakota to see it it might fit your application.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

3 (edited by chaase 2021-05-13 05:47 PM)

Glad to hear you made it through a race and are going to keep her going. If you've already got front and rear bars, I'd focus on other areas. Not sure what it's got for a setup but full frame car could be boxed (or add sub-frame connectors) to tie front and rear, add strut tower braces, higher spring rates, reduce weight. Lot's of things to do that aren't sway bars.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Have you pulled your shocks/struts to see if they are actually working?  When I pulled mine after our first race I discovered I could move them by hand.  Just replacing with stock will yield great benefits.  If you could find a heavier duty shock/strut that may be better. You could pair with a shorter heavier spring.  Moog has a great catalog of coils.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/u … prings.asp

For such an amazing car, email eric@24hoursoflemons.com and tell him what you want to do, and I imagine he will give you enough residual value to so some minor suspension upgrades.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Thanks for the good advice ..Much appreciated!!  Hmmmmm.....shocks.........could it be that easy.........the gears are turning ( but slowly)

Cordoba