Topic: WTB or Borrow XL helmet and Sz 12/13 shoes for Thunderhill

Need a helmet for a young feller who is racing on our team. His parents (my bestie from HS and his wife) are flying the 18-year-old from GA to CA as a HS graduation gift, and he is going racing. He has no idea. He thinks he is coming as crew.

So, we are trying to get him outfitted to drive. We are borrowing a suit. We share NecksGen head-and-neck restraints. Gloves? Heck, I'll buy him pair of new gloves as a momento of the occasion.

Still need shoes and a helmet. Can anybody help out here? Happy to buy used and pay shipping. Trying to avoid buying new.

Here are the specs on the young un--Shirt is XL; pants 34x30; shoe size 12.5. He is 5'11" and 225. Just a little tyke.

The soon-to-be graduate pictured on the left before a 1980's-themed prom with his brother. Taking his dad's Crown Vic ex-police car:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Cars/Lemons/i-rDkXnhK/0/b716d594/XL/IMG_4465-XL.jpg

Thanks,
bb

Re: WTB or Borrow XL helmet and Sz 12/13 shoes for Thunderhill

I 'might' be able to help you out.....

The shoes I have...I have a extra pair of black size 12 Pyrotect that I bought when I first joined this circus.
I have since replaced them,but they will still pass tech.Only replaced them cuz I am a slave to fashion,new ones are blue.......

My 'old' helmet is an OMP with an SA2010 sticker...there has been a lot of discussion if they are still valid for this season.(I just checked the "rules" and it states 2010 helmets are good for the 2021 season)It DOES NOT have H&N restraint mounts,as I swapped my HANS posts to my new helmet.

I would be happy to loan you this gear,but I want to keep the helmet,as it is autographed by one 'R.Pobst',and that is rumored to add 5-10 horsepower to whomever wears it.......

We will be at T-Hill on Friday

40+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

If you don't mind loaning us your shoes, that would be very helpful. We already have a SA2010 helmet we can use. I thought they would only be good for 10 years. But if they will still pass tech, we are set.

What car are you driving? We will seek you out on Friday. We are driving the Kim Jong Elantra (38) and the John Playa Special (633).

Thank you!

--Bill

BigBird wrote:

I 'might' be able to help you out.....

The shoes I have...I have a extra pair of black size 12 Pyrotect that I bought when I first joined this circus.
I have since replaced them,but they will still pass tech.Only replaced them cuz I am a slave to fashion,new ones are blue.......

My 'old' helmet is an OMP with an SA2010 sticker...there has been a lot of discussion if they are still valid for this season.(I just checked the "rules" and it states 2010 helmets are good for the 2021 season)It DOES NOT have H&N restraint mounts,as I swapped my HANS posts to my new helmet.

I would be happy to loan you this gear,but I want to keep the helmet,as it is autographed by one 'R.Pobst',and that is rumored to add 5-10 horsepower to whomever wears it.......

We will be at T-Hill on Friday

Just checked the rules again:
    3.B.1 Driver’s Helmet. Undamaged, full-face Type SA helmet, Snell SA2010 or newer, mandatory. SA2010 helmets are legal throughout the 2021 season.

Look for the Ugly Brown Camero or the LSOmega...we usually pit in the rear corner of the paddock next to pit in...
Ask for Michael

40+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:

Look for the Ugly Brown Camero or the LSOmega...we usually pit in the rear corner of the paddock next to pit in...
Ask for Michael

Know the UBC well. Thanks, Michael. We try to pit close to pit out. Will check in with you on Friday.

--Bill

I have a pair of shoes you can have for free. I just upgraded. Pyrotect size 13, pretty well worn. I wear 13 normally and these are a tiny bit small, so pretty much perfect for someone who needs 12.5.

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014