Topic: Need Help so we can impress folks with our 3" fuel jugs...

Hello - we got some of those quick fill hunsacker jugs with the default 1.5" spout Since the neck can apparently be cut back to 2.35" or 3", we bolted a 3.5" Pyrotect standard fill neck caphttps://www.pyrotectstore.com/product/s … k-and-cap/  to our hooptie.

Our thought was, we better shave some time off our pits to help compensate for our crappy driving.

Does anyone know:
1. Where to get a 3" hose to fit on those Hunsacker cans?  Looking on their site (and others), it seems they only sell the 2.25" hoses. I checked homedepot, amazon, summitracing, pegasus racing, etc. No luck.

2. Would the 3" hose (which fits on the hunsacker jugs) actually fit in the pyrotech standard 3.5" fill neck / cap?  I did some quick measurements with a measuring tape and it looks preeetttttyyy close. Maybe too close....

Thanks!
-Chad

Re: Need Help so we can impress folks with our 3" fuel jugs...

FWIW, you can put a 12" hose on there but if the air can't get out of the tank faster than the fuel that displaces it, then it's all for naught.  Also, you should consider some sort of catch/drain basin.  With all that fuel thundering in you will overfill a bunch in a hurry.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

FlexPVC.com sells all sorts of hose.  But as stated above, venting is important.  The best vent is an oversized fill port with the air escaping around the hose on your jug, so don't go too big.

If you have enough vent then the time to empty your jug into your cell will be the same as your "free air" dump time.

Dumping five gallons in three to four seconds is possible.

I thought of a test:

Generic _5_g bucket with lid; cut a hole the size of the filter neck opening.

Then you can test/practice with as much water as you want without worrying about spilling gasoline or diesel, even in your driveway.