Topic: Longshot: I pay U $1200 Need a car moved N Canton OH to SoCal

I've got a non-lemons car sitting in North Canton, OH that I need moved to So Cal (San Diego, but Orange County, Riverside County, or LA County will do).

I'm prepared to pay a pro shipper $1200 but would rather give it to a Lemons or lemons-related person instead.  Pickup is any time between now and the 25th with drop off hopefully within a week or so of pickup. It's not capable of being driven the distance. It only has maybe a 40 mile range I'm told. Old austin mini station wagon so only 11'4" long or so 2200lbs due to extra batteries in it.

I hear there's a Lemons facebook group for moving stuff. I'm not a FB-er though. Best to post here to let me know to look for an email from you if you are pm-ing me so I check spam folders.

Re: Longshot: I pay U $1200 Need a car moved N Canton OH to SoCal

Hmmmmm, 25th of May?  I do still really want that El Dorado of yours...

Semi-Sentient Centenarians
1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

I made a FB post to see if anyone's interested, hope that's okay.  I'd consider doing it, but, I don't want to do it in my tow vehicle (that's a long, long time to be in a crappy old Suburban), and, I could take the week to do it, but, it'd be a lot smarter to do other stuff.  Still, it makes sense for someone to make a useful round trip, and they can go from either coast.

1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

Thanks for cross-posting it. I wish I could say the Diesel Caddy would be worth the trip, but I purposefully marketed its for sale listing for local people because,well, it isn't.

What kind of shape is it in mechanically?  As long as it's not a rusted out hulk, the uglier the better for cosmetics, and interior doesn't matter.  But, it'd be nice if the drivetrain, suspension, and all the stuff you control them with were in decent shape.

6 (edited by Spank 2021-05-20 12:42 PM)

mthew_m wrote:

What kind of shape is it in mechanically?  As long as it's not a rusted out hulk, the uglier the better for cosmetics, and interior doesn't matter.  But, it'd be nice if the drivetrain, suspension, and all the stuff you control them with were in decent shape.

the most accurate response is "it is priced appropriately for the condition"

The longer response is "I heard it run. I started it myself later. I drove it slightly dowhill at walking speed for about 50 yards, turned 90 degrees left and about 20 yards, lined it up to my trailer, drove it onto my trailer, strapped it down, towed it to a friends' place, had to push it off the trailer. Then had to jump start it with my truck and some WD40 as "starting fluid". Backed it into position. turned it off. There it sits."

^^derive from that what you want^^

I have a shipper I can HIGHLY recommend based on my experience moving this car from the original post.

Ben Aceves Transport

https://www.instagram.com/b.a.transport/

https://www.quicktransportsolutions.com … 335812.php