Topic: Yokohama Real Hoopties '21 of NJ Entry List & Tech Times

Entry list here: The oldest Lemons car of all time, a Sunbeam Alpine, and—after 15 years without ANY of them—the second consecutive weekend with a circa-2000 Chevy Malibu. Click here if the resolution sucks: https://imgur.com/a/jbBdmPx

https://i.imgur.com/QO308Zj.jpg

It's going to be a busy Friday afternoon, so pretty please have your shit together and show up on time for your assigned tech slot(s). Assignments are here:

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/ … P_V001.pdf

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Yokohama Real Hoopties '21 of NJ Entry List & Tech Times

you had me scared for a moment.  Our full team name isn't listed.  (#1)

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

The Aloine is the oldest Lemons car? Not by a long shot... (1) there is a 1937 Buick on this roster,

Even assuming that’s a ringer, I’ve driven an older LeMon while being passed by an older one still...

[Humber Super Snipe and Model T GT?]

A certain just postwar Plymouth, a Hudson, a Corvair with Jag bits also come to mind...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

The Borgward was a 59 or 61 (running changes, blah blah, that's how titles worked back then).

That guy

Type44 wrote:

The Aloine is the oldest Lemons car? Not by a long shot... (1) there is a 1937 Buick on this roster,

Even assuming that’s a ringer, I’ve driven an older LeMon while being passed by an older one still...

A certain just postwar Plymouth, a Hudson, a Corvair with Jag bits also come to mind...

I think it has been accepted that the Model T has 1927 bits glued on a more modern car. The Snipe is a 58 or 62 or something like that. The current generally recognized as oldest car to run Lemons (and in painfully, bouncingly, slow original condition) is the 41 Olds. From the whispers I have heard, this 1937 Buick is pretty stock and will beat the Olds for oldest to run Lemons in painfully stock style.

I'd really like to see the team win overall and IOE at the same event.  They have the stage set to do so.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Wendell34 wrote:
Type44 wrote:

I think it has been accepted that the Model T has 1927 bits glued on a more modern car. The Snipe is a 58 or 62 or something like that. The current generally recognized as oldest car to run Lemons (and in painfully, bouncingly, slow original condition) is the 41 Olds. From the whispers I have heard, this 1937 Buick is pretty stock and will beat the Olds for oldest to run Lemons in painfully stock style.

Nice to see you here again, Neal!

It’s funny, my post is because I misheard punctuation... what I read was: “the oldest Lemons car of all time, a Sunbeam Alpine.” What he meant was to call attention to the Buick. Which I would agree is the oldest non-T hot rod yet.

The Buick Fireball 8 with its fancy OHV head is cheaty as hell compared to an Olds flathead. C’mon man!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)